Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
1. For Pay Band 2c: I have one (1) year of specialized experience comparable to the MCC Pay Band 3a or GS-15 or an equivalent level, which is directly related to the work of this position and which has equipped me with the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform successfully the duties of the position. Specialized experience is extensive experience leading and managing a diverse human resources management program operation; directing development of HR policy/program initiatives that positively contributed to agency senior leaders, managers and supervisors’ ability to successfully accomplish their mission; experience establishing effective performance management systems and culture; experience which demonstrates partnerships with other senior leaders to solve critical organizational problems and make decisions involving complex or sensitive policies, allocations of resources, and other management concerns that impact corporate-wide operations; experience applying contemporary human resources management policies and workforce initiatives, including federal human resources laws and regulations and appropriate human resources program metrics; experience communicating succinctly and effectively orally and in writing; and experience building coalitions internally and with other Federal agencies. Note: This experience MUST be well documented on your resume or application.
To be considered for this position, ALL applicants MUST submit written statements (narrative format) of accomplishments that would satisfy each of the MTQs. You are required to respond to all MTQs and you must address each MTQ separately. If you fail to address each MTQ, you will be rated as ineligible. Please limit your written narrative statements to no more than one page for each MTQ, or no more than 5 pages in total.
You must clearly demonstrate in your resume how your leadership requirements relate to the MTQs. We recommend that your resume emphasize your level of responsibilities, the scope and complexity of programs managed, and your program accomplishments, including the results of your actions. Your application will be further evaluated to measure the degree in which your background matches the following leadership requirements and MANDATORY TECHNICAL QUALIFICATIONS (MTQs).
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the Qualifications and Availability Form C. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
2. Leadership Requirement: Leading People. Demonstrated ability to lead people toward meeting the organization's vision, mission, and goals. Includes the ability to provide an inclusive workplace that fosters the development of others, facilitates cooperation and teamwork, and supports constructive resolution of conflicts.
MTQ 1. Demonstrated experience in leading and managing a diverse human resources management operation and in directing the development of HR policy/program initiatives, such as performance management, that positively contributed to the ability of agency senior leaders, managers and supervisors to successfully accomplish their mission.
3. Leadership Requirement: Results-Driven Leadership. Demonstrated ability to meet organizational goals and customer expectations. Includes the ability to make decisions that produce high-quality results by applying technical knowledge, analyzing problems, and calculating risks.
MTQ 2. Provide strategic direction, sound guidance and thorough knowledge of current human resources management policies and workforce initiatives, including federal human resources laws, regulations, and directives as well as appropriate human resources program metrics.
4. Leadership Requirment: Leading Change. Demonstrated ability to bring about strategic change, both within and outside the organization, to meet organizational goals. Includes the ability to establish an organizational vision and implement it in a continuously changing environment, communicate vision and strategy, and inspire trust and commitment to the workforce.
MTQ 3. Experience which demonstrates partnerships with other leaders to solve critical organizational problems and make decisions involving complex or sensitive policies, allocations of resources, and other management concerns that impact corporate-wide operations.
5. Leadership Requirement: Business Acumen. Demonstrated ability to manage in a small agency environment, human, financial, and information resources strategically.
MTQ 4. Demonstrated experience integrating human capital management operational areas to support programmatic priorities.
6. Leadership Requirement: Business Acumen. Demonstrated ability to manage in a small agency environment, human, financial, and information resources strategically.
MTQ 5. Demonstrated ability to direct and manage in a small agency and alternate pay system environment and articulate, consult, and advise all levels of management on complex human resource issues.