Please choose: 001 All US Citizens
1. From the descriptions below, please choose the BEST answer that demonstrates your experience related to the position.A. I have one year of specialized experience, equivalent to the GS-12 in the Federal service that included providing expert advice on Human Resources staffing, recruitment, and placement policies and procedures; providing strategic consultation services to management on various workforce and recruitment strategies and programs; and evaluating complex personnel actions to resolve complex and interrelated HR problems and issues that offer unusual conditions.
The following criteria will be used to evaluate your level of knowledge, skill, or ability in certain areas. For each item, choose the statement from the list below (A-E) that best reflects your level of experience and/or training in that area. Check the appropriate button corresponding to that statement if applying online, or darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 if applying using OPM Form 1203-FX. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
2. Provide managers, employees and job applicants with recruitment and placement procedures, practices, policies, and guidelines.
3. Perform qualification determinations on applicants to determine the best qualified and to ensure conformity to applicable regulations.
4. Provide interpretations of policy and procedures when the issues involved are new, controversial, precedent setting, and/or involve more than one area of personnel policy.
5. Ensure personnel actions and processes conform to applicable laws and regulations.
6. Conduct job analyses in concert with agency HR staff and subject matter experts.
7. Advise managers on the full range of HR functions and assists management in fulfilling their HR management responsibilities.
8. Consult with managers by bringing new and innovative ideas and suggestions to managers in order to resolve complex HR and management issues and problems.
9. Advise on the implication of proposed management decisions with respect to substantives as well as procedural HR matters.
10. Advise management on position classification matters to recommend optimal staffing options.
11. Collaborate with selecting officials to ensure that selection regulations and procedures are followed.
12. Provide draft regulations, standards, or other guides for impact on the classification program.
13. Perform problem resolution to complex staffing questions and issues related to affirmative action, priority placement programs, and other related staffing/placement issues.
14. Evaluate recruitment and staffing program activities to ensure compliance with regulations, attainment of recruitment goals and objectives, and to determine any existence of operations policy barriers towards staffing goals/objectives.
15. Research complex staffing issues and provide input to management on operating procedures.
16. Review recruitment and placement actions and provide advice on difficult issues.
17. Provide advice on all types of appointments as well as compensation and other hiring incentives.
18. Design and develop organization proposals.
19. Advise selection official on employment mechanisms and recruitment strategies, sources, and alternatives.
20. Collaborate with managers and supervisors to keep position descriptions updated and accurate.
21. Provide draft regulations, standards, or other guides for impact on the classification program.