Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
1. From the descriptions below, select the response that most closely represents your experience or education for the position of IT Specialist (APPSW). Applicants must have IT-related experience demonstrating the following four competencies. Please mark only one response. SELECTING MORE THAN ONE RESPONSE OR NO RESPONSE AT ALL MAY MAKE YOU INELIGIBLE.A. I have IT-related experience demonstrating the following four competencies:
Respond to the following question; choose the response that best represents your highest level of experience.
Mark only one response for each question. (NOTE: This same experience must be well described in the resume that you submit in addition to answering this Questionnaire. Failure to adequately support your answers to this questionnaire within your submitted resume may result in an Ineligible rating.)
2. From the statements below, select the letter that describes the specialized experience you have that demonstrates your ability to perform the duties of an IT Specialist (APPSW) at the GS-12 grade level. NOTE: YOUR RESUME MUST SUPPORT THE RESPONSE YOU SELECT.A. I have at least one year of specialized experience equivalent in level of difficulty and responsibility to the GS-11 grade level in the Federal service, or comparable in difficulty and responsibility to GS-11 if outside the federal service. Specialized experience is defined as experience designing, implementing, and testing complex software applications in secure environments. Experience developing web applications using the Java language, Java frameworks and data access tools such as Spring, J2EE, JQuery, Hibernate or Cayenne. Experience with relational databases such as MySQL, Oracle or Microsoft SQL Server.
3. From the statements below, select the letter that describes the specialized experience you have that demonstrates your ability to perform the duties of an IT Specialist (APPSW) at the GS-13 grade level. NOTE: YOUR RESUME MUST SUPPORT THE RESPONSE YOU SELECT.A. I have at least one year of specialized experience equivalent in level of difficulty and responsibility to the GS-12 grade level in the Federal service, or comparable in difficulty and responsibility to GS-12 if outside the federal service. Specialized experience is defined as as experience designing systems for high availability, security, scalability, manageability, and reliability. Experience implementing software design patterns. Experience using software build tools such as Maven and version control software such as Subversion or CVS.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
4. Plan, design, develop, and test software systems or applications for software enhancements and new products.
5. Evaluate new applications and software technologies (such as commercial off-the-shelf applications, tools, and operating systems) through research and analysis for potential use in your organization.
6. Experience using
7. Maintain standards and best practices for building, configuring, packaging, and versioning of releases.
8. Build software for large scale release to an agency or organization.
9. Manage release notes and notices.
10. Recommend and implement testing practices that improve the overall testing processes.
11. Propose policies, standards, and guidelines for software testing, and translate and interpret them into meaningful rules to be followed during the application test events.
12. Perform IT project planning, monitoring, and/or coordinating systems life cycle functions.
13. Create, document and execute test plans and test scripts.
14. Write and maintain operating procedures.
15. Meet with customers and stakeholders to review, elaborate, and document system requirements (including user interface, functional, and non-functional requirements).
16. Determine scope of customer problems to formulate a plan of action.
17. Serve as a consultant to provide technical advice and assistance to system administrators, customer support, networking personnel, and system users.
18. Prepare and present cogent and cohesive analyses and briefings to senior managers on technological developments and enhancements.
19. Work with applications developers to isolate design problems encountered during testing and implementation stages.
20. Participate in peer code reviews.
21. Serve as a liaison through routine participation in technical forums; providing testing input and conducting project briefings.
22. Provide primary interface support between programs developed by assigned staff and vendor-supplied Commercial Off The Shelf (COTS) software.
23. Manage multiple and/or complex projects that are information technology based.
24. Manage and administer project resources to plan, direct, organize, analyze, and monitor a project from inception to completion/final delivery.
25. Identify potential risks and issues that may arise during the project development life cycle and to execute appropriate solution or corrective action.
26. Oversee time phasing and milestones for software development projects.
27. Please take this opportunity to review your assessment questionnaire responses to ensure their accuracy. By agreeing to the statement below, you are confirming that you:
- understand this information
- have reviewed your responses to this questionnaire for accuracy, and
- verify that your responses accurately describe your current level of experience and capability.
Failure to agree to the statement below will disqualify you from further consideration for the position.