Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Your Social Security Number is requested under the authority of Executive Order 9397 to uniquely identify your records from those of other applicants who may have the same name. As allowed by law or Presidential directive, your Social Security Number is used to seek information about you from employers, schools, banks and others who may know you. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
The Vacancy Identification Number is: 808671
Senior Bank Inspector
All biographic information is required except for your telephone number and the contact time.
Enter the lowest grade level that you will accept for this position. The lowest grade for this position is 14.
Please enter your dates of active duty military service, unless you have claimed derived preference (i.e., widows, spouse, etc.) Please use this format: (mm/dd/yyyy).
Select/enter at least one occupational specialty. The specialty code for this position is:
Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
In this section indicate if you are a surplus or displaced Federal employee requesting special priority consideration under the Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP) or the Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP).
Note: To receive consideration for CTAP or ICTAP, you must submit the necessary supporting documentation. Refer to the "Benefits/Other" section for additional information and instructions.
1. From the descriptions below, please select the letter that best describes the experience you have that demonstrates your ability to perform Senior Inspector, GS-1801-14 work. MARK ONLY ONE RESPONSE. IF YOU SELECT MORE THAN ONE RESPONSE OR LEAVE THE QUESTION BLANK YOU WILL BE RATED INELIGIBLE.A. I have at least one full-time year (12-months) of specialized work experience equivalent to the GS-13 grade level in the Federal service which involved evaluating Bank programs and operations to include assessing vulnerabilities (in programs, policies, and systems), providing analyses, and preparing reports; evaluating bank policies and systems to ensure regulatory compliance; identifying possible fraudulent, abusive, inefficient, or wasteful practices to recommend corrective action; conducting post-closing inspections of transactions to determine compliance with bank policies and procedures; conducting policy analysis for the purpose of evaluating options for future policy, regulatory, and legislative improvements; developing legislative, regulatory, policy, or operational improvements based on the results of inspections, evaluations, and related analyses; leading, designing, and organizing bank program evaluations and inspections, including the scope, methodology, objectives, timetable, and points of inquiry; gathering and analyzing bank information to develop and support significant findings; and preparing bank evaluation and inspection reports for management.
2. The Export-Import Bank of the United States (Ex-Im Bank) is the official export credit agency of the United States. Ex-Im Bank's mission is to assist in financing the export of U.S. goods and services to international markets. Therefore, applicants must possess experience in analyzing complex bank financing including project finance, trade finance and construction lending.
Do you have experience in analyzing complex bank financing including project finance, trade finance and construction lending,(i.e., understanding of financial statement analysis, intermediate accounting, cash flow lending and credit analysis)?
Quality Ranking Factor: The following statement pertains to your ability to conduct complex financial analyses (i.e., financial statement analysis, credit analysis, cash flow lending, etc.).
3. Of the following, please indicate ALL of the types of financial analyses you have conducted. (Please select ALL that apply.)A. Loan documentation review to include reviewing and summarizing loan documents, preparing concise summaries of project documents, and confirming compliance.
The following statements pertain to bank inspections and evaluations.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
4. Plan work, set priorities, and prepare schedules for the completion of bank inspection and evaluation work.
5. Develop short and long range plans to ensure that bank inspection operations are conducted effectively and efficiently.
6. Develop the scope of work, methodology, objectives, timetable, and points of inquiry of banking program evaluations and inspections.
7. Advise management on status, progress and results obtained throughout the lifecycle of bank evaluations and inspections.
8. Monitor milestones to ensure bank inspection requirements are met.
9. Advise team members on the design and execution of program evaluations and inspections.
The following statements pertain to banking and financial research.
10. Lead team members conducting post-closing inspections of transactions.
11. Evaluate transaction structures and borrower's compliance to ensure due diligence.
12. Make recommendations on transaction structure to mitigate credit risks.
13. Benchmark transaction structure and pricing with market standards.
14. Identify potential fraudulent, abusive, inefficient, or wasteful practices to recommend corrective action.
The following statements pertain to bank analyses.
15. Conduct studies to evaluate effectiveness and/or efficiency of a banking program, operation or organizational element.
16. Evaluate banking programs to recommend enhancements that are more effective within the framework of applicable laws and regulations.
17. Evaluate banking policies and procedures to ensure compliance with laws and regulations.
18. Conduct studies and analyze findings to measure effectiveness, efficiency, and productivity of banking programs, policies, and procedures.
19. Lead team members evaluating Bank programs and operations.
20. Establish methodologies for problem situations, identifying missing data and formulating initiatives to collect required data.
The following statements pertain to your ability to communicate orally.
21. Advise management on unusual, complex and/or controversial problems.
22. Conduct formal presentation for senior and executive staff on bank evaluation findings.
23. Collaborate on inter-service, inter-division or inter-organizational efforts.
24. Represent organization on workgroups and taskforces.
25. Attend and/or sponsor meetings, training sessions and other appropriate forum to facilitate information exchange with stakeholders and all interested parties.
26. Advocate, defend, clarify, negotiate and justify recommendations to higher management.
The following statements pertain to your ability to communicate in writing.
27. Write briefings, presentations, summaries, etc., which includes complex technical information for key officials and stakeholders.
28. Write correspondence to advocate, defend, clarify, negotiate and justify recommendations to higher management.
29. Write white papers, presentations, reports and executive summaries for senior and executive staff on bank evaluation findings.
30. Write responses to questions regarding complex technical information.
31. Write policy and/or procedural guidance.
Certification of Understanding - Select the appropriate answer to the statement below. Failure to provide an answer will result in your not being considered for this position.
32. I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001); my eligibilities may be cancelled; I may be denied an appointment; or I may be removed and debarred from Federal service (5 C.F.R. part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated and that responding "No" or providing no response to this item will result in my not being considered for this position.A. Yes, I understand the information provided above and certify that the information provided in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith.