1. From the responses below, select the one response that best describes how you meet the minimum qualification requirements for a Dispatcher, GS-2151-06. Read all responses before making your selection. If you leave this question blank, you will be rated ineligible at the GS-06 level.A. I possess one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-05 level in the federal service that equipped me with the particular knowledge, skills and abilities to perform successfully the duties of a Dispatcher. Examples of qualifying specialized experience include relaying information on a radio or telephone system; working as an emergency communications operator; dispatching information on a fire or at a construction site; producing criminal reports through a computer system; or coordinating emergency response efforts.
I do not have the experience or education as described in any of the above statements.
For each task listed below, select the statement from "A" to "E" that best describes your level of experience, education and/or training as it relates to your ability to do the job of a dispatcher. Select only one letter. If you select multiple responses or leave any question blank, your score will be negatively impacted. Do not overstate your experience, education and/or training. Your responses must be supported by your resume by providing detailed explanations of how your past work experience or education is related to these tasks.
2. Receive emergency (9-1-1) and non-emergency calls for assistance.
3. Operate a multi-frequency, multi-agency communications system.
4. Assess scope and severity of emergency and non-emergency requests and prioritize responses.
5. Prioritize response(s) from emergency services personnel.
6. Provide information and assistance during emergencies to organizations and the public.
7. Decide course of action for emergency situations and routine non-emergency assistance requests.
8. Coordinate efforts between federal, state and local agencies and other diverse groups.
9. Monitor CCTV security system, fire and burglar alarms, and emergency phone systems.
10. Notify/dispatch appropriate personnel, hospital, and other organizations in emergency situations.
11. Keep records of emergency radio transmissions for later reference and use in preparing reports.
12. Maintain radio communication with personnel during emergencies and all-risk incidents.
13. Serve as terminal operator for the National Crime Information Center (NCIC) and National Law Enforcement Teletype System (NLETS) to perform criminal history checks, access wanted files, motor vehicle department files, or stolen, lost or wanted items/subjects.
14. Maintain system security and comply with all operating procedures that regulate the NCIC and NLETS systems.
15. Input data into law enforcement computer systems such as NCIC and NLETS.
16. Interpret data received from law enforcement computer systems such as NCIC and NLETS.
17. Relay accurate information from all sources to allow personnel to complete decision making process.
18. Use Microsoft Word.
19. Use Microsoft Excel software.
20. Troubleshoot computers, radios, and phone systems.
21. Operate repeaters, radio to radio and voting systems using UHF and VHF frequencies.
22. Coordinate, monitor and assist with operations via telephone and radio.
23. Operate telecommunications recorder.
24. Log radio transmissions and telephone situations in chronological order.
25. Control and maintain confidential law enforcement information.
26. Broadcast weather reports to all radio users.
27. Communicate in a calm demeanor with a broad audience such as the public, colleagues, other agencies or organizations during stressful situations.
28. Give guidance and coordinate responses to a variety of audiences.
29. Speak clearly, concisely, calmly and distinctly in English.
30. INSTRUCTIONS: Your self-ratings in this Occupational Questionnaire are subject to evaluation based on the documents and references you submit. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your ratings. Deliberate attempts to falsify information may be grounds for not selecting you or for dismissing you from the position/agency during the probation period. Please take this opportunity to review your ratings to ensure their accuracy. By agreeing to the statement below, you are confirming that you: 1) understand this warning; 2) have reviewed your responses to this questionnaire for accuracy; and 3) verify that your responses accurately describe your current level of experience and capability. Failure to agree to the statement below will disqualify you from further consideration position.A. Yes, I verify that all of my responses to this questionnaire are true and accurate. I accept that if my supporting documentation and/or later steps in the selection process do not support one or more of my responses to the questionnaire that my application may be rated lower and/or I may be removed from further consideration.