Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we cannot process your application without it.
Clinical Psychologist (Telemental Health)
Please enter your e-mail address in the space provided. If you do not provide an e-mail address you may not receive a notice of your results.
Are you a citizen of the United States?
Enter the lowest grade (00) you will accept for this position.
The location code(s) for this position is (are):
The assessment part of the questionnaire includes questions to identify basic requirements, minimum qualifications, and KSAs (knowledge, skills and abilities) related to this position.
BASIC REQUIREMENTS: The following section is used to determine your eligibility for this vacancy. Please answer A ("Yes") or B ("No") to each question below.A- Yes.
1. I am a citizen of the United States.
2. I am proficient in spoken and written English. To be appointed under authority of 38 U.S.C., chapter 73 or 74, serving in a direct patient-care capacity in VHA, applicants must be proficient in written and spoken English.
The following questions pertain to your licensure and/or certification. Note: The Psychologist must hold a full, current, and unrestricted license to practice psychology at the doctoral level in a State, Territory, Commonwealth of the United States, or the District of Columbia
3. Are you licensed or certified by a state to practice psychology at the doctoral level?A. Yes
Licensure requirement may be waived by the Secretary of the Department of Veterans Affairs for a period not to exceed two (2) years from the date of employment on the condition that the psychologist provide care only under the supervision of a licensed psychologist.
4. Are you a non-licensed psychologist and meet the eligibility requirements as stated above?A. Yes
5. I hold a doctoral degree in Psychology from a college or university approved by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs, Note: Approved doctoral programs are those from an accredited college or university whose curriculum psychology is approved by the American Psychological Association (APA). Completed study in a specialty area of psychology means completion of a full curriculum in counseling psychology, not just incidental courses in these areas as part of a program of study in a specialty area unrelated to the position for which being considered. The specialty area of the degree must be counseling psychology. Please remember that a copy of your transcript must be submitted with your application.A. Yes
6. I completed an acceptable internship in psychology, which was accredited by the American Psychological Association (APA). An acceptable internship consists of an organized training program, in contrast to supervised experience or on-the-job training. The internship was designed to provide the intern with a planned, programmed sequence of training experiences with the primary purpose to assure breadth and quality of training. Such internships may be gained in VA training programs which meet APA internship requirements or in other health service settings whose internships are accredited by the APA. Internships normally consist of 1 year of training under a licensed psychologist in an organization with sufficient staff and varied programs to provide the required breadth and quality of training. The sponsoring organization should provide a written statement or brochure describing the goals and content of the internship with clear expectations for the quantity and quality of the trainee's work. NOTE: Prior to 1956 the APA did not accredit internships, but did accredit doctoral programs. Therefore, a pre-1956 graduate of an APA approved doctoral program in an appropriate psychology specialty, whose internship was acceptable to the degree granting school, meets the internship requirements of this standard.A. Yes
7. GS-180-13 QUALIFICATIONS-Two years of postdoctoral experience appropriate to clinical psychology. The experience must have been gained in a professional program concerned with health, rehabilitation, or vocational restoration and must have demonstrated supervisory abilities.A. Yes
8. I certify that all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand any information given may be investigated and that responding "no" to this question will result in my not being considered for this position.
I understand that making a false statement on this application and its supporting
materials or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, my
eligibility may be cancelled, I may be denied an appointment, or I may be removed and
debarred from Federal service (5 C.F.R. part 731).
In order to receive full consideration for the position it is important to include all of the documents required in the announcement. Please answer the following questions certifying you have either uploaded or faxed the document(s) to (478)757-3144. INSTRUCTIONS: You must provide a complete application package, which includes:
• VA Form 10-2850c Application for Associated Health Care Positions; http://www4.va.gov/vaforms/medical/pdf/vha-10-2850c-fill.pdf.
• OF 306 Declaration for Federal Employment. http://opm.gov/forms/pdf_fill/of0306.pdf
• Proof of current licensure/registration
• Copy of transcript
• If you are a current VA employee, a copy of your last SF50 are required.
• Veterans documentation if you are claiming Veterans preference (You must submit proper documentation, which includes a copy of your DD214 member copy 4 or earlier version showing character of service. Applicant's claiming 10-point preference must also submit an SF-15, Application for 10-Point Veterans Preference along with the required documentation listed on the form. For more information on Veterans preferences go to (www.opm.gov/veterans).
9. I understand that the above documents constitute a complete application package and that submitting an incomplete package will result in my loss of consideration for this position.A. Yes
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the Qualifications and Availability Form Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
10. KSAO #1: Knowledge of, and ability to apply, advanced professional psychological theories and techniques to the full range of patient populations.
11. KSAO #2: Ability to provide professional advice and consultation in areas related to professional psychology and behavioral health.
12. KSAO #3: Knowledge of clinical program evaluation and oversight.
13. KSAO #4 Ability to provide oversight in areas related to behavioral health and social services provision in order to accomplish the organizational goals and objectives.