1. From the descriptions below, please choose the best answer that demonstrates your education and/or experience related to the basic requirements for the GS-1530, Statistician.A. A bachelor's degree that included 15 semester hours in statistics (or in mathematics and statistics, provided at least 6 semester hours were in statistics), and 9 additional semester hours in one or more of the following: physical or biological sciences, medicine, education, or engineering; or in the social sciences including demography, history, economics, social welfare, geography, international relations, social or cultural anthropology, health sociology, political science, public administration, psychology, etc. Credit toward meeting statistical course requirements should be given for courses in which 50 percent of the course content appears to be statistical methods, e.g., courses that included studies in research methods in psychology or economics such as tests and measurements or business cycles, or courses in methods of processing mass statistical data such as tabulating methods or electronic data processing (Must provide transcript(s) at time of application submission).
2. From the descriptions below, please choose the best answer that demonstrates your experience related to the additional requirements of the GS-15.A. I have one year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-14 in the Federal service that included utilizing statistical software packages; planning, developing, and directing statistical analysis programs; designing and conducting clinical trials; advising senior officials on research, administrative, or operational programs; and writing reports on technical issues and presenting conclusions findings.
Instructions: In this part, you will respond to questions about experiences you have had that are related to the requirements of the job for which you are applying. Carefully review the response descriptions listed below. For each question or statement, select the one response description that best describes your experience, education, or training.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
3. Provide technical consultation and leadership on statistical studies.
4. Provide input (i.e. strategic, statistical, and scientific) on project objectives and experimental designs to meet project needs and organization requirements.
5. Develop and evaluate hypotheses and approaches for studies.
6. Develop and modify software programs to extract, tabulate, and compile statistical data.
7. Identify and acquire data sources, edit, and evaluate the quality of data.
8. Use statistical software packages in one or more computing environments (i.e. mainframes, work stations, or personal computers).
9. Develop, maintain, and improve statistical analysis support programs for databases.
10. Establish verification and control procedures to take care of variations in statistical findings.
11. Develop and implement methods and procedures to collect, process, compile, edit and analyze statistical data.
12. Upgrade statistical systems to incorporate data and procedures.
13. Design statistical analysis plans for clinical studies.
14. Advise higher level officials on study design, statistical analysis, and interpretation of study reports.
15. Provide technical advice to peers, senior management, and external stakeholders on statistical methods and techniques.
16. Provide statistical justification for operational decisions.
17. Present conclusions and findings.
18. Design statistical analysis plan for clinical studies.
19. Write specifications for analysis files, consistency checks, tables and figures.
20. Prepare analyses of statistical reports for distribution.
21. Perform special studies and written analyses that adhere to performance standards.
22. Represent an organization at professional meetings and conferences.