Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Your Social Security Number is requested under the authority of Executive Order 9397 to uniquely identify your records from those of other applicants who may have the same name. As allowed by law or Presidential directive, your Social Security Number is used to seek information about you from employers, schools, banks and others who may know you. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
Are you an ICTAP Eligible?
For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible see http://opm.gov/rif/employee_guides/career_transition.asp#ictap. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated at 85.0 or above on the rating criteria for this position.
Are you a PHS Commissioned Officer (This includes active duty officers, inactive reserve officers, and applicants who have been approved for commissioning in the USPHS Commissioned Corps)?
Enter the lowest grade level that you will accept for this position. The lowest grade for this position is 14.
If you are a male at least 18 years of age, born after December 31, 1959, have you registered with the Selective Service System?
Select/enter at least one occupational specialty. The specialty code for this position is:
Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
1. From the descriptions below, select the one which best describes your experience and meets the Minimum Qualification Requirements for Lead Public Health Advisor, GS-685-14.A. I have one year of specialized tobacco public health experience in a Federal Agency, equivalent to the GS-13 grade level in the Federal service, to include experience in conducting and providing program consultation, guidance, and assistance in carrying out and promoting public health program activities.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
2. Provide technical assistance to federally funded tobacco control programs in developing and promoting policy and system changes to lower disease and death from tobacco use.
3. Provide guidance to Federal grantees and partners to improve tobacco control programs.
4. Review and evaluate tobacco public health issues which result in recommendations and/or decisions for public health program strategies, modifications or improvements.
5. Plan, schedule and coordinate with public health programs to make policy and system changes which minimize disease and death from tobacco use.
6. Design, develop and implement all aspects of a tobacco public health project or program.
7. Provide technical assistance and other advisory services to agencies and organizations in developing, extending and/or improving tobacco-focused health care systems, public health strategies, communications and services.
8. Collaborate with federal government organizations to take actions that affect tobacco public health policies and overall program application.
9. Articulate and communicate to the team the assignments, projects, problem to be solved, actionable events, milestones, and/or program issues under review, and deadlines and times frames for completion.
10. Train or arrange for the training of team members in methods and techniques of team building and individual skill development to accomplish strategic activities and tasks.
11. Serve as coach, facilitator, and/or negotiator when needed to coordinate team initiatives and develop consensus among team members.
12. Develop leadership abilities in others by providing coaching, mentoring, and developmental assignments.
13. Monitor and report on the status and progress of work.
14. Communicate one-on-one with team members on matters related to procedures, policies, and directives.
15. Represent the organization in local, state, and national meetings or conferences.
16. Respond to inquiries from leadership, staff, awardees, partners, and other collaborators regarding tobacco related public health issues and concerns.
17. Discuss organizational strategies, objectives, and activities on a regular basis.
18. Develop Funding Opportunity Announcements (FOAs) through writing, review, and leadership.
19. Prepare reports on work accomplishments and administrative updates to staff, leadership, partners, and stakeholders.
20. Develop strategies for dissemination of information to professional groups, private and public sector organizations, health agencies and the media through publications, correspondence and presentations.
21. Prepare tobacco technical assistance reports and other substantive program documentation such as technical documents on research findings, scientific methodologies, evaluation results, and fact sheets.
22. Prepare responses for inquiries, reports, and proposals from tobacco grantees, contractors, and other partners.
23. Your responses in this Assessment Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your responses. Deliberate attempts to falsify information will be grounds for disqualifying you or for dismissing you from employment following acceptance. Please take this opportunity to review your responses to ensure their accuracy.
If you fail to answer this question, you will be disqualified from consideration for this position.
I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001); my eligibilities may be cancelled, I may be denied an appointment, or I may be removed and debarred from Federal service (5 C.F.R. part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated. I understand that responding "No" to this item will result in my not being considered for this position.
Please select a response from below to certify the accuracy of your assessment questionnaire.