Enter your Social Security Number. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however, we can not process your application without it.
Enter Travel Voucher Technician
Enter the lowest grade level (07-07) you will accept.
You may omit the availability date if you can begin work immediately. Otherwise, you must provide the date you will be available for employment. Please use this format: (mm/dd/yyyy)
Select the Occupational Specialty Code that identifies how you would like to receive consideration for this position.The specialty code for this position is 001 Competitive (All U.S. Citizens).
The geographic location code will be selected for you if there is only one, otherwise, select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
Thank you for your interest in a Travel Voucher Technician position with the Department of Justice.
We will evaluate your resume and your responses to this Assessment Questionnaire to determine if you are among the best qualified for this position. Your responses are subject to verification. Please review your responses for accuracy before you submit this questionnaire.
1. Select the one statement that best describes the experience/ education you possess that demonstrates your ability to perform the work of a GS-07 Travel Voucher TechnicianA. I have one year of specialized experience, equivalent to the GS-06 level in the Federal service performing the following: review documents for missing or incompatible information; assemble and prepare forms, accounts, or other paperwork that make up a file; recognize and reconcile discrepancies, and prepare transactions files for closeout; and use automated systems to access, retrieve, and generate various transaction data and reports.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the Qualifications and Availability Form C. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
2. Prepare itemized statements for differences of disallowed travel amounts.
3. Track discrepancies identified to source documents to process corrections needed.
4. Process transactions to apply travel advances for authorized expenses.
5. Review vouchers to ensure the internal control processes have been followed.
6. Examine computer-generated reports to ensure the accounting data provided is correct and complete.
7. Verify payments made are in compliance with prescribed regulations.
8. Compute various types of discounts, costs and fees to complete travel voucher documents.
9. Maintain automated logs, reports and listings regarding voucher payments, schedules and records.
10. Key voucher transactions using the automated financial management systems.
11. Use knowledge of applicable regulations to process accounting and fiscal transactions in an automated system.
12. Make recommendations to supervisor based on review of regulations, documents or issues.
13. Train other technicians in the financial examination process
14. Coordinate with staff to correct or prevent errors, delays, or other complications.