Read the statements below to determine what options (001 and 002) you are eligible to apply. You must enter at least one code.
001 - Merit Promotion: I am eligible to be considered under merit promotion procedures because I am a current or former Federal employee working in a permanent competitive service position; or I am a veteran with preference; or I am a veteran who has been honorably discharged and substantially completed at least 3 years of continuous active duty service. (You must submit documentation to support your eligibility.)
002 - Noncompetitive: I am eligible to be considered under this specialty code because I meet the requirements for a noncompetitive appointment. Examples of non-competitive appointing authorities may include but not limited to: 30% or more compensable disabled veterans, Persons with Disabilities (Schedule A), PHS Commissioned Officer, Veterans Recruitment Appointment (VRA) [for positions up to the GS-11 Federal level], Peace Corps employees, current/former Federal employees who currently hold or previously held a Federal competitive position with promotion potential at or above the full performance level listed for this position, and a current Federal employee working in an excepted service position covered by an Interchange Agreement. (You must submit documentation to support your eligibility for noncompetitive appointment).
1. From the descriptions below, select one statement that best describes your experience to meet the basic requirement for this position at the GS-11 level.
2. From the descriptions below, select one statement that best describes your experience to meet the basic requirement for this position at the GS-12 level.A. I have at least one year of specialized experience comparable in scope and responsibility to the GS-11 level in the Federal service (obtained in either public or private sectors). This experience must include activities such as 1) assisting in drafting and developing processes and procedures related to emerging issues and information disclosure; 2) providing authoritative advice and guidance to senior staff members regarding interpretation of information disclosure policies, procedures and regulations; 3) preparing recommendations and legally supportable denials of requested information exempt from disclosure; and 4) working with office and organization components on important and sensitive issues regarding information disclosure programs, processes, and procedures.
Knowledge of pertinent laws, regulations, and policies related to information disclosure
From the statements below, choose the one statement that best identifies your experience and/or training.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
3. Use and apply the rules and regulations of the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) to process information disclosure requests.
4. Use and apply the rules and regulations of the Trade Secrets Act to process information disclosure requests.
5. Use and apply the rules and regulations of the Privacy Act to process information disclosure requests.
6. Use and apply the rules and regulations of the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act to process information disclosure requests.
7. Use and apply the rules and regulations of the Prescription Drug User Fee Act (PDUFA) to process information disclosure requests.
Ability to receive, process, and analyze information disclosure requests
8. Participate with senior staff to control and manage information disclosure activities.
9. Respond to requests for the disclosure of information
10. Analyze the request and determine if information is exempt from disclosure under applicable statutes and regulations.
11. Direct an appropriate search and obtain necessary documents to complete an information disclosure request.
12. Obtain necessary clearance for information disclosure.
13. Redact information that is being withheld from disclosure.
14. Assist in identifying discovery privileges in documents produced in litigation
Ability to communicate orally
15. Consult with senior staff members and other personnel to obtain their suggestions for regulation and policy development.
16. Provide guidance and direction to personnel involved with handling responses to information requests and other disclosure activities.
17. Work with other contacts regarding the consistent application of legal requirements, proposed denials of requested information, and withholding information related to disclosure litigation.
18. Interact with and respond to the general public on Freedom of Information requites that have been submitted.
Ability to communicate in writing
19. Assist in the preparation of recommendations for denials of requested information exempt from disclosure.
20. Prepare draft responses to requests for the disclosure of information.
21. Assist in developing proposals which include legally sufficient preambles that explain and justify proposed actions.
22. Develop responses to comments made on proposals.