1. Select the statement that describes how you meet the specialized experience requirements for this position at the GS-14 level.A. I have at least one year of specialized experience, equivalent to the GS-13 grade level or higher in the Federal service, consulting senior level officials on international policy matters as they pertain to food science and technology, nutrition or cosmetic safety policies; conducting policy analysis and technical trade problem assessment/resolution of international public health programs and advising on its trade impact; and, collaborating with senior level officials and international organizations, such as World Health Organization and Food and Agriculture Organization, in the development of international standards.
For each of the items below, select the one statement that most accurately describes your experience and capability using the scale below.A- I have no experience in performing this work behavior.
2. Provide policy guidance on harmonization initiatives, including regulatory alignment, trade negotiations, and the establishment of cooperative agreements.
3. Advise staff on programs to provide assurances on food/cosmetic safety including such areas as systems recognition, foreign audits, export certification.
4. Develop and/or carry out capacity building/outreach programs.
5. Provide advice, guidance, and develop agency positions for the establishment of bilateral and multilateral agreements, including Free Trade Agreements (FTAs).
6. Analyze international trade policies relating to safety and quality of imported/exported foods and cosmetics, recommending policy revisions as appropriate.
7. Carry out assessment and resolution of technical trade problems and issues.
8. Review program operations to develop or improve systems.
9. Evaluate negotiation positions and proposals to develop resolution strategies for international food and cosmetic policy issues.
10. Plan and help implement coordination of programs with U. S. food safety regulatory and trade agencies designed to assure the safety and quality of foods and cosmetics.
11. Collaborate with international representatives from other organizations and foreign representatives to identify international trends affecting an organization.
12. Negotiate with policy level officials, including those of foreign countries, on the establishment of international standards, including those of the Codex Alimentarius Commission.
13. Lead negotiations with foreign countries on the establishment of international standards.
14. Negotiate with foreign/international representatives on Free Trade Agreements.