1. Select the ONE response that BEST describes the education and/or experience that you possess that demonstrates your ability to perform as an Information Technology Specialist (INFOSEC), at the GS-09 level.
2. Select the ONE response that BEST describes the education and/or experience that you possess that demonstrates your ability to perform as an Information Technology Specialist (INFOSEC), at the GS-11 level.
3. Select the ONE response that BEST describes the experience that you possess that demonstrates your ability to perform as an Information Technology Specialist (INFOSEC), at the GS-12 level.
4. Select the ONE response that BEST describes the experience that you possess that demonstrates your ability to perform as an Information Technology Specialist (INFOSEC), at the GS-13 level.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. If faxing in the Occupational Questionnaire, Form 1203-FX, darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the form.
5. Writes policy with wide influence, such as policies on information technology; training guides; or written advisory opinions to upper level management.
6. Modifies existing policies, processes or creates new methods for presenting highly technical or classified information to upper level management.
7. Drafts and develops written documents that mandate a change in policy and based upon relevant sources.
8. Completes projects, isolates work goals and establishes work methods, itemizes work processes, and determines what information is needed, schedules, due dates, and budget and staffing needs.
9. Develops tactics and arranges completion of work.
10. Anticipates future requirements, and collaborates with others to a create wide-range of plans.
11. Uses application based programming languages to create and automate non-technical operations or standard management and analysis functions. For example, uses EnCase, FTK, or ILook software.
12. Uses programming languages (e.g. Java, Perl, C++, VB, etc.) to include specialized languages (e.g. Oracle, SQL Server, MYSQL, etc.) to create standalone applications that automated non-technical operations or standard management and analysis functions.
13. Reviews systems contingency plans and disaster recovery procedures and reviews risk and vulnerability assessments.
14. Interprets and reports on findings for complex IT Security examination techniques.
15. Develops procedures for new security evaluation techniques or protocols.
16. Conducts criminal digital evidence examinations for an ISO 17025 accredited law enforcement serving forensic laboratory.
17. Completes digital forensic examinations that included imaging, manual data extraction, in-depth analysis, examination process documentation (i.e. examination notes), and results reporting.
18. Completes examinations of laptops, desktops, servers, GPS devices, cell phones, and other electronic devices/media capable of storing data.
19. Reconstructs complex server networks (e.g. email, database, web, and file servers) to facilitate forensic analysis.
20. Receives and analyzes complex evidence, modifies existing methods where accepted methods were not prescribed.
21. Analyzes security policies and procedures to develop approaches that address novel or obscure security architectures for which guidelines or precedents were not substantially applicable.
22. Communicates with agency management or individuals of other government agencies and private industry as the technical authority on difficult and controversial digital evidence problems.
23. Coordinates original or ongoing studies to resolve new problems, gains agreement on methods/ techniques for unusual problems.
24. Presents recommendations for resolving difficult digital evidence problems.
25. Is thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail.
26. Administers unique projects that had a major influence on the delivery of customer support services.
27. Interprets and completes the most challenging customer support requests involving multiple resources and management consideration.
28. Provides service to systems involving a wide variety of different platforms, operating systems, applications, and desktop configurations.
29. Supplies expert analysis and creates fixes for highly complex cyber security problems.
30. Resolves critical issues with validated software/equipment and new technology/software.
31. Investigates and examines complex issues or problems where the success of the project depends on the solutions.
32. Develops policies and procedures on systems reliability and prevention.
33. Conducts systems security evaluations, audits, and reviews.
34. Analyzes and defines cyber security policy requirements.
Past performance is one of the best indicators of your ability to perform effectively in the competency areas described for this position. Review and select the statement below that describes the PERFORMANCE RECOGNITION you have most recently received.
35. Have you received a performance appraisal in one or more of the competencies described for the position?
Past performance is one of the best indicators of your ability to perform effectively in the competency areas described for this position. Review and select the statement below that describes the AWARDS you have received within the last year.
36. Have you received any awards related to one or more of the competencies described for the position?
37. I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001); my eligibilities may be cancelled; I may be denied an appointment; or I may be removed and debarred from Federal service (5 C.F.R. part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated. I understand that I will not be considered for employment if I do not respond "Yes" to this certification item.