Enter your Social Security Number. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however, we cannot process your application without it.
Enter Case Management Specialist
Enter the lowest grade level (11-12) you will accept.
You may omit the availability date if you can begin work immediately. Otherwise, you must provide the date you will be available for employment. Please use this format: (mm/dd/yyyy)
Select the Occupational Specialty Code that identifies how you would like to receive consideration for this position. Applicants requesting consideration as a merit promotion, Schedule A, or non-competitive eligible candidate must include the appropriate required supporting documents with their application package.
The Specialty code(s) for this position are 001 and 002. Please note that you must select at least one specialty code but may select multiple codes if desired. Each code is defined below:
001 - Merit Promotion. This includes current Federal employees who serve under a competitive career or career-conditional appointment in the competitive service, reinstatement eligibles (former Federal employees who served under a career appointment in the competitive service) and VEOA eligibles (veterans with preference and veterans who have been honorably discharged and substantially completed at least 3 years of continuous active duty service. You must provide qualifying documentation (i.e. - SF-50, performance appraisal and/or veterans documentation).
002 - Non competitive and Special Hiring Authorities. This includes applicants who are eligible for non competitive or special appointment authorities such as: 30% or more compensably disabled veterans, Veterans' Recruitment Appointment (VRA - for position at GS-11 and below), and persons with disabilities (Schedule A), military spouse preference, Federal employees in excepted position covered under an interchange agreement, and other eligible special hiring authorities (such as Peace Corps, Boren Fellows, etc.). This also includes applicants who previously held, or currently hold, this position and grade with the same promotion potential as announced this 810640. For more information about special hiring authorities, visit: http://www.opm.gov/hr_practitioners/lawsregulations/appointingauthorities/index.asp. You must provide qualifying documentation for a non competitive or special hiring authority.
The geographic location code will be selected for you if there is only one, otherwise, select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
Thank you for your interest in the Case Management Specialist position with the Department of Justice.
We will evaluate your resume and your responses to this Assessment Questionnaire to determine if you are among the best qualified for this position. Your responses are subject to verification. Please review your responses for accuracy before you submit this questionnaire.
1. Select the one statement that best describes the experience that you possess that demonstrates your ability to perform the Case Management Specialist work at the GS-11 grade level or equivalent pay band in the Federal service.A. I have at least one year of specialized experience, equivalent to the GS-09 in the Federal service performing the following administrative duties: 1) Reviewing and coordinating Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) requests; 2) Preparing correspondence/reports impacting programs and activities; 3) Filing and distributing briefs and petitions to appropriate organization, AND 4) Conducting studies of an administrative program to measure the effectiveness and efficiency of work operations.
2. Select the one statement that best describes the experience that you possess that demonstrates your ability to perform the Case Management Specialist work at the GS-12 grade level or equivalent pay band in the Federal service.A. I have at least one year of specialized experience, equivalent to the GS-11 in the Federal service performing the following administrative duties: 1) Determining bases to assert an exemption to disclosure on Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) requests; 2) Developing a reporting and recordkeeping system to track legal case progress through the court system; 3) Developing methods to maintain the case management system; AND 4) Analyzing documentation and record control procedures to recommend improvements.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. If you are using the Qualifications and Availability Form C to complete this assessment, darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the form. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
3. Determine bases to assert an exemption to disclosure on Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) requests.
4. Search records to make disclosure determinations.
5. Draft responses to FOIA requests ensuring compliance with FOIA regulations.
6. Develop a reporting and recordkeeping system to track legal case progress through the court system.
7. Oversee the maintenance of a reporting and recordkeeping system that tracks legal case progress through the court system.
8. Develop new method to maintain a legal case management system.
9. Generate ad hoc computer reports and tables to support legal information requests.
10. Identify and analyze information to resolve program operation effectiveness or efficiency.
11. Advise management on solutions for program operation effectiveness or efficiency.
12. Prepare reports in accordance with established policies.
13. Index and distribute briefs or petitions to government organizations.
14. Notify agencies of court actions.
15. File court docketed cases.
16. Analyze documentation to determine process efficiency.
17. Analyze record control procedures to determine program effectiveness.
18. Develop methods to automate budget or staffing reports and records.