Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Your Social Security Number is requested under the authority of Executive Order 9397 to uniquely identify your records from those of other applicants who may have the same name. As allowed by law or Presidential directive, your Social Security Number is used to seek information about you from employers, schools, banks and others who may know you. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
Are you an ICTAP Eligible?
For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible see http://opm.gov/rif/employee_guides/career_transition.asp#ictap. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated at 85.0 or above on the rating criteria for this position.
Are you eligible for Indian preference as defined by the Department of the Interior (DOI) and as evidenced by appropriate Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA) authorized certification?
Are you eligible for preference based on being a Public Law 94-437 Indian Health Service Scholarship recipient? For more information, please click here.
Are you eligible for the Federal Employment Program for Persons with Disabilities? (For information on Schedule A appointments, see the OPM website.)
Enter the lowest grade level that you will accept for this position. The lowest grade for this position is 15.
If you are a male at least 18 years of age, born after December 31, 1959, have you registered with the Selective Service System?
Select/enter at least one occupational specialty. The specialty code for this position is:
Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
1. From the descriptions below, select the one which best describes your education and/or experience and meets the Basic Qualification Requirements for Supervisory Health Scientist, GS-0601-15.A. I have successfully completed a full four-year course of study at an accredited college or university leading to a bachelor's or higher degree that included a major field of study in an academic field related to the health sciences or allied sciences appropriate to the work of the position.
2. From the descriptions below, select the one which best describes your experience and meets the Additional Qualification Requirements for Supervisory Health Scientist, GS-0601-15.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
3. Develop organization priorities and oversee the development of strategic plans to promote healthy eating, physical activity and obesity prevention through research and program implementation.
4. Evaluate the effectiveness and efficiency of an organization's operations.
5. Work with management officials on long range plans and the budget impact for the organization.
6. Establish guidelines and performance expectations for staff to meet program goals and objectives.
7. Direct, coordinate, and oversee work for subordinate management staff.
8. Advise staff on policies, procedures, and directives.
9. Ensure reasonable equity among units of performance standards developed by subordinate supervisors.
10. Ensure goals and objectives are implemented to support the mission of the organization.
11. Provide scientific and programmatic leadership in the development and implementation of national programs aimed at increasing healthy eating and physical activity and obesity prevention.
12. Develop and implement an intramural and external plan to develop and strengthen nationwide nutrition, physical activity and obesity prevention programs.
13. Build partnerships with organizations focused on the promotion of health equity and reduction of healthy disparities.
14. Report on the effectiveness of nutrition, physical activity, and obesity prevention programs in vulnerable populations.
15. Communicate research, surveillance, or evaluation of nutrition, physical activity, and obesity prevention programs, processes, procedures, and/or policies to a diverse audience.
16. Establish and maintain personal contact with public and private sector health and academic professionals representing diverse groups at both State and Federal levels.
17. Develop and deliver presentations to a wide variety of audiences.
18. Prepare reports for senior management on the status and effectiveness of programmatic activities.
19. Prepare manuscripts, reports, position or other papers for publications.
20. Evaluate reports by analyzing facts and performing appropriately researched and detail responses to achieve organizational goals.
21. Develop tools or resources related to research, evaluation, and surveillance for the organization.
22. Your responses in this Assessment Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your responses. Deliberate attempts to falsify information will be grounds for disqualifying you or for dismissing you from employment following acceptance. Please take this opportunity to review your responses to ensure their accuracy.
If you fail to answer this question, you will be disqualified from consideration for this position.
I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001); my eligibilities may be cancelled, I may be denied an appointment, or I may be removed and debarred from Federal service (5 C.F.R. part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated. I understand that responding "No" to this item will result in my not being considered for this position.