Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Your Social Security Number is requested under the authority of Executive Order 9397 to uniquely identify your records from those of other applicants who may have the same name. As allowed by law or Presidential directive, your Social Security Number is used to seek information about you from employers, schools, banks and others who may know you. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
Are you a current Food and Drug Administration (FDA) employees with competitive status only? Competitive status refers to employees who are serving on a career or career conditional appointment.
Enter the lowest grade level that you will accept for this position. The lowest grade for this position is 15.
If you are a male at least 18 years of age, born after December 31, 1959, have you registered with the Selective Service System?
Please review the description below and select the most appropriate category (you must choose one):
Choose 001 - Competitive Referral: This applies to the following candidates:
Choose 002 - Non-Competitive MP: This applies to the following candidates:
Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
Please answer yes or no to statement numbers below. Your response will determine if you meet the qualification requirement for Criminal Investigator, GS-1811-15 position.
1. I have at least 52 weeks of specialized experience that has equipped me with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position. This experience is related to the work of the position and is equivalent to at least the GS-14 level in the Federal service as described in the vacancy announcement.
2. This position requires frequent travel and I am willing to travel up to 30% of the time.A. Yes
3. I have successfully completed the Criminal Investigator Training Program (CITP) conducted by the Federal Law Enforcement Training Center (FLETC) or an equivalent program conducted by another Federal Agency.A. Yes
Please answer yes or no to statement numbers below. Your response will determine if you meet the time-in-grade requirement.
4. I have 52 weeks at the GS-14 grade level or above in the Federal Service within 30 days of the announcement closing date.A. Yes
Your response to statement number below will determine if you are eligible for non-competitive referral.
5. Please select the appropriate response from the list below. Select only one answer.A. I am currently serving in a position at the GS-15 grade level or above in the Federal Service on a permanent basis.
Please respond yes or no to the statement below. Your response will determine if you meet the area of consideration for this position.
6. I am a current employee of the Food and Drug Administration, Office of Criminal Investigations.A. Yes
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training.
Note: Submission of this electronic questionnaire is certification that all responses are true to the best of your knowledge. Materially false, fictitious or fraudulent statements or representations are subject to disciplinary action.
7. Manage the Agency criminal investigational/administrative activities.
8. Determine Agency program goals and resource allocations for OCI activities.
9. Identify new, expanded or shared areas of jurisdiction and determine the impact on the investigative operations of the FDA.
10. Manage the acquisition, maintenance, and utilization of equipment and supplies to support criminal investigations.
11. Manage and coordinate all support operations within Headquarters and Field Offices to include fiscal and human resources, procurement, and contracting initiatives.
12. Participate in the long and short range planning for the criminal investigative programs and functions of the FDA, the establishment of objectives and the development of program goals, and the evaluation of performance against set goals.
13. Advise upper management on the implications and feasibility of program plans and proposals and recommend changes based on management and organizational needs and considerations.
14. Exercise fiscal responsibility and prudent use of resources from both the financial and human resource perspective.
15. Develop and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of management throughout FDA; other federal, state, and local government agencies; other federal law enforcement agencies; news media and the general public.
16. Represent the Director at governmental meetings and other meetings.
17. Conduct liaison with other Agencies as the Director's representative.
18. Serve on committees and participate in other activities and functions representing the FDA/OCI.
19. Develop, recommend, and implement policies and procedures needed to carry out Agency criminal investigation responsibilities.
20. Plan, set and prioritize work plans.
21. Conduct performance reviews and counsel employees on work matters.
22. Conduct interviews and make recommendations for appointments, reassignments, and promotions.
23. Further the goals of equal employment opportunity.
24. Prepare reports related to criminal enforcement of the Federal Food, Drug and Cosmetic Act, and other criminal statutes.
25. Gather statistical data related to criminal enforcement of the Federal Food, Drug and Cosmetic Act, and other criminal statutes.
26. Provide justification to support OCI, FDA, and DHHS goals and views as related to criminal enforcement of the Federal Food, Drug and Cosmetic Act, and other criminal statutes.