Enter your Social Security Number. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
The Vacancy Identification Number is: 753309
SOCIAL WORKER, GS-0185-9/11/12
Please answer the following Employment Availability Questions by selecting either Yes or No.
Enter the lowest grade level (09-12) you will accept.
The occupational specialty will be selected for you if there is only one, otherwise, select/enter at least one occupational specialty code for this position. The specialty code for this position is:
The geographic location code will be selected for you if there is only one, otherwise, select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are intrested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
Do not overstate or understate your level of experience and demonstrated capability. You should be aware that your ratings are subject to evaluation and verification based on the résumé, and other relevant documents you submit, as well as through verification of references as appropriate. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your stated level of experience and demonstrated capability. Deliberate attempts to falsify information may be grounds for not selecting you or for dismissing you from the position following acceptance.
1. Are you submitting Form BIA-4432, Verification of Indian Preference for Employment in the Bureau of Indian Affairs, to claim Indian Preference? Note: You must include and upload your Form BIA-4432. As outlined in the vacancy announcement, this is the ONLY Indian Preference Verification Form that will be accepted.
2. Are you a veteran and submitting a DD-214, Certificate of Release or Honorable Discharge from Active Duty, to verify Veteran's Preference claimed? Note: You must include and upload your DD-214, if claiming 5 pt. or 10 pt. preference and Standard Form 15 including the required supporting documentation, if claiming 10 pt. preference.
3. Are you submitting your most recent SF-50, Notification of Personnel Action, to verify you are a current status employee or a former employee with Reinstatement eligibility? Note: You must include and upload your latest SF-50 to verify transfer or reinstatement eligibility. To determine if you are eligible, please go to the following website: http://www.usajobs.gov/EI3.asp
4. Incumbent will be required, as an incidental duty, to operate a government-owned or leased motor vehicle, in the performance of duties, therefore, a valid driver's license is required. Incumbent must have a safe driving record within the three-year period immediately preceding submittal of GSA Form 3607 and be able to meet the safe driving requirements of the Bureau of Indian Affairs. Do you possess a valid Drivers License?
5. From the descriptions below, select the answer that most accurately and specifically describes the education you have that demonstrates how you meet the Basic Qualification Requirement for the Social Worker, GS-0185 series. Mark only 1 response. Please note that your answer will be verified against the information you provide in your resume and application. (NOTE: You must submit a complete, legible copy of your official transcript(s) with your application to document academic achievement and receive credit for this basic requirement.) For more information, go to: http://www.opm.gov/qualifications/Standards/IORs/gs0100/0185.htm
6. Carefully read the following descriptions of experience and education. Select the one that best describes your qualifications for GS-9 Social Worker. (NOTE: Make sure your resume supports your response that you select. If qualifying based on education, you must submit a complete, legible copy of your official college or university transcript(s) with your application to document academic achievements and receive credit.).
7. Carefully read the following descriptions of experience and education. Select the one that best describes your qualifications for GS-11 Social Worker. (NOTE: Make sure your resume supports your response that you select. If qualifying based on education, you must submit a complete, legible copy of your official college or university transcript(s) with your application to document academic achievements and receive credit.).
8. Carefully read the following descriptions of experience. Select the one that best describes your qualifications for GS-12 Social Worker. Make sure your resume supports the response that you select.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Please select only one letter for each item. If after reviewing your resume and/or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have overstated your qualifications and/or experience and your self-rating is not supported, your score will be lowered.
9. Participates in the implementation of a agency Child Welfare Program within established Agency policy and objectives.
10. Acquires and maintains a working knowledge of relevant laws, regulations, policies, standards, or procedures.
11. Uses judgment in interpreting and adapting guidelines such as agency policies, regulations, precedents, and work directions for application to specific cases or problems.
12. Establishes organizational strategies, goals, objectives, or priorities.
13. Evaluates social service programs for compliance with tribal and federal laws and federal regulations.
14. Keeps abreast of key organizational activities, policies, and priorities likely to affect operations or the program area.
15. Provides advice and guidance in the interpretation and application of social services statues, regulations, and policies.
16. Plan cooperative programs in conjunction with individuals and community organizations oriented self-improvement in the areas of social, economic, recreational, health, education and welfare.
17. Provide guidance and technical assistance regarding social, economic, recreational, health, education and welfare situations.
18. Questions, interviews, or confers with others to obtain or verify information.
19. Counsels or provides guidance to individuals with specific needs
20. Provides information about opportunities, services, or resources.
21. Prepares and files legal pleadings or documents.
22. Determines appropriate services for clients or customers.
23. Analyze program review findings to identify methods to improve service delivery to clients.
24. Determines resource requirements based on program or project objectives or operational needs.
25. Monitors programs, projects, operations, or activities.
26. Collects, compiles, and organizes information.
27. Searches for and extracts information from files, documents, reports, publications, recordings, or other materials.
28. Reviews reports, documents, records, data, or other materials to verify completeness, correctness, consistency, compliance, or authenticity.
29. Maintain close working relationship with tribal, county, state, federal, public and private programs and resources.
30. Collaborates with others or works on teams to accomplish work-related activities.
31. Observes individuals, activities, or operations to obtain or verify information.
32. Identifies needs or problems.
33. Discusses results, problems, plans, suggestions, terms, or conditions with others.
34. Deals with individuals who are difficult, hostile, or distressed.
35. Negotiates with others to reach an agreement, settlement, compliance, or a solution.
36. Prepare and present findings and recommendations.
37. Completes forms, documents, or routine reports.
38. Participates in or represents the organization or clients at briefings, meetings, or conferences.
39. Notifies individuals or offices in writing of decisions, problems, or further actions needed.
40. Explains or justifies decisions, conclusions, findings, or recommendations.
41. Provides or disseminates information orally..
INSTRUCTIONS: As previously explained, your ratings in this Occupational Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification based on the documents and references you submit. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your ratings. Deliberate attempts to falsify information may be grounds for not selecting you or for dismissing you from the position/agency during the probation period. Please take this opportunity to review your ratings to ensure their accuracy. By agreeing to the statement below, you are confirming that you: 1) understand this warning; 2) have reviewed your responses to this questionnaire for accuracy; and 3) verify that your responses accurately describe your current level of experience and capability.
42. Failure to agree to the statement below will disqualify you from further consideration for the position.
APPLICANT RESPONSIBILITY: It is the applicant's responsibility to verify that information entered, uploaded, or faxed (i.e., resume, veterans or Indian preference documentation, assessment questions and answers, and SF50s) is received.