1. From the descriptions below, please choose the best answer that demonstrates your experience related to this Physical Science Technician GS-1311-06 position.A. I have one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-05 in the Federal service that included: performing support functions to support the operations of a laboratory; participating in quality reviews of laboratory procedures; receiving and maintaining laboratory samples; and maintaining laboratory equipment.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
2. Compile data from laboratory experiments to summarize data.
3. Follow prescribed procedures to execute laboratory projects.
4. Manage the transfer of samples in and out of a laboratory's sample storeroom inventory.
5. Conduct studies on laboratory quality management system procedures to update existing procedures.
6. Maintain databases by updating information when new chemicals are received in a laboratory.
7. Manage analytical laboratory equipment property by updating databases and applying property tags.
8. Coordinate with other personnel to dispose of unwanted or surplus laboratory equipment.
9. Arrange for repair of laboratory equipment that does not meet performance standards.
10. Confirm information with laboratory chemists prior to conducting preliminary analysis of samples.
11. Request information/data from other staff members to conduct studies of existing laboratory procedures.
12. Inform Chemists of new sample arrivals.
13. Utilize a variety of office automation equipment to complete reports.
14. Perform calibration for laboratory equipment and summarize data.
15. Prepare reports on laboratory experiments and/or to recommend changes in existing laboratory procedures.