Read the statements below to determine what options (001 and 002) you are eligible to apply. You must enter at least one code.
001 - Merit Promotion: I am eligible to be considered under merit promotion procedures because I am a current or former Federal employee working in a permanent competitive service position; or I am a veteran with preference; or I am a veteran who has been honorably discharged and substantially completed at least 3 years of continuous active duty service. (You must submit documentation to support your eligibility.)
002 - Noncompetitive: I am eligible to be considered under this specialty code because I meet the requirements for a noncompetitive appointment. Examples of non-competitive appointing authorities may include but not limited to: 30% or more compensable disabled veterans, Persons with Disabilities (Schedule A), PHS Commissioned Officer, Veterans Recruitment Appointment (VRA) [for positions up to the GS-11 Federal level], Peace Corps employees, current/former Federal employees who currently hold or previously held a Federal competitive position with promotion potential at or above the full performance level listed for this position, and a current Federal employee working in an excepted service position covered by an Interchange Agreement. (You must submit documentation to support your eligibility for noncompetitive appointment).
1. From the descriptions below, please choose the best answer that demonstrates your experience related to this Physical Science Technician GS-1311-06 position.A. I have one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-05 in the Federal service that included: performing support functions to support the operations of a laboratory; participating in quality reviews of laboratory procedures; receiving and maintaining laboratory samples; and maintaining laboratory equipment.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
2. Compile data from laboratory experiments to summarize data.
3. Follow prescribed procedures to execute laboratory projects.
4. Manage the transfer of samples in and out of a laboratory's sample storeroom inventory.
5. Conduct studies on laboratory quality management system procedures to update existing procedures.
6. Maintain databases by updating information when new chemicals are received in a laboratory.
7. Manage analytical laboratory equipment property by updating databases and applying property tags.
8. Coordinate with other personnel to dispose of unwanted or surplus laboratory equipment.
9. Arrange for repair of laboratory equipment that does not meet performance standards.
10. Confirm information with laboratory chemists prior to conducting preliminary analysis of samples.
11. Request information/data from other staff members to conduct studies of existing laboratory procedures.
12. Inform Chemists of new sample arrivals.
13. Utilize a variety of office automation equipment to complete reports.
14. Perform calibration for laboratory equipment and summarize data.
15. Prepare reports on laboratory experiments and/or to recommend changes in existing laboratory procedures.