Please accurately identify your level of experience and demonstrated capability when completing this questionnaire as your responses, resume and supporting documents will be reviewed for accuracy. You will be asked at the end of this questionnaire to certify your entire application as true and accurate.
The following section is used to determine your eligibility for appointment and referral consideration. Please indicate those eligibilities for which you are eligible and would like to be considered. You will only be considered under eligibilities that you select and provide requested supporting information either below or within your resume. If you do not meet at least one of the eligibilities below, you are not eligible to be considered for this position. For additional information, definitions and supporting documentation requirements see the list of appointing eligibilities listed at http://www.public.navy.mil/donhr/Employment/CivJobOpps/Documents/ApplicantChecklist_Merit.pdf. Please note that documentation (e.g., SF-50s or DD-214s) will be requested if you are selected to verify your eligibility.
1. Current Department of the Defense Employee - I am currently employed in the Department of Defense (Army, Navy, Marine Corps, Air Force, etc) as a permanent career or career-conditional (Tenure 1 or 2 in box 24 of SF-50) employee in the competitive service (SF-50 will show a 1 in box 34); or, I am currently on a permanent Veterans' Recruitment Appointment (VRA) (SF-50 will show a 2 in box 34) in Department of Defense. Note: Your resume MUST include your position title, pay plan, series, grade level, agency worked for and dates of employment for all applicable federal work experiences.A. Yes
2. Annuitant - I am currently receiving an annuity for service as a federal civil servant. If selected, I would be serving as a re-employed annuitant.A. Yes
3. PPP Military Spouse - I am registered in the DoD Priority Placement Program (PPP) Military Spouse Preference Program (Program S) for the series, grade and location covered by this announcement.A. Yes
1. Please select one response that best describes how you meet the minimum qualifications for a GS-1082-12 WRITER-EDITOR.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Please select only one letter for each item.
2. Edit text to improve elements such as grammar, spelling, consistency of expression and readability.
3. Restructure documents to organize, balance, and complete deficient materials to meet publishing objectives.
4. Conduct research to check accuracy of facts and documentation of sources, and consults with specialists or program officials when details are not verifiable through independent research.
5. Approve print and electronic layout concepts for various publications.
6. Obtain material through researching and interviewing techniques under deadline pressure for publication.
7. Manage multiple, concurrent writing assignments to meet deadlines.
8. Evaluate each product's purpose and intended audience to determine the appropriate medium for distribution.
9. Apply electronic production methods throughout the editorial and review process to ensure that each review and corrections phase is completed efficiently.
10. Ensure permissions for copyrighted material are on file before production, and that permissions are adequate for the medium in which the product will be published.
11. Develop layout and design format to incorporate photos, illustrations, and other graphics to produce final electronic files.
12. Manage the design, production, printing, and distribution of various knowledge products for publishing in both print and electronic media.
13. Utilize electronic/desktop publishing software, production techniques and practices to develop publications.
14. Maintain professional working relationships with colleagues, administrators and external community representatives.
15. Consult with members of the external affairs team to guide the publishing process.
16. Collaborate other offices regarding the steps required to produce a publication and the types of presentation media available.
17. Work with team members to apply and organization's message to multiple audiences.
18. Write original material from information provided, interviews or research for publication.
19. Edit material written by other staff members to meet a specific command requirement.
20. Write articles that explain and interpret complex policy programs for a variety of audiences.
21. Document the development process for each product for future use in further development.
22. Prepare proposals that describe and justify the recommended content, style and design options of a publication.
23. Your ratings in this Occupational Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification based on the documents and references you submit. Deliberate attempts to falsify or inflate your responses may be grounds for not referring you.
Please take this opportunity to review your rating to ensure the accuracy of your answers and that they are supported by your resume. Failure to agree to the statement below will disqualify you from further consideration for the position.