Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Your Social Security Number is requested under the authority of Executive Order 9397 to uniquely identify your records from those of other applicants who may have the same name. As allowed by law or Presidential directive, your Social Security Number is used to seek information about you from employers, schools, banks and others who may know you. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
Are you an ICTAP Eligible?
For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible see http://opm.gov/rif/employee_guides/career_transition.asp#ictap. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated at 85.0 or above on the rating criteria for this position.
Are you eligible for Indian preference as defined by the Department of the Interior (DOI) and as evidenced by appropriate Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA) authorized certification?
Are you eligible for preference based on being a Public Law 94-437 Indian Health Service Scholarship recipient? For more information, please click here.
Are you eligible for the Federal Employment Program for Persons with Disabilities? (For information on Schedule A appointments, see the OPM website.)
Are you a PHS Commissioned Officer (This includes active duty officers, inactive reserve officers, and applicants who have been approved for commissioning in the USPHS Commissioned Corps)?
Enter the lowest grade level that you will accept for this position. The lowest grade for this position is 14.
If you are a male at least 18 years of age, born after December 31, 1959, have you registered with the Selective Service System?
Select/enter at least one occupational specialty. The specialty code for this position is:
Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
1. From the descriptions below, select the one which best describes your education and/or experience and meets the Basic Qualification Requirements for Health Communications Specialist, GS-1001-14
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the Qualifications and Availability Form C. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
2. Develop and manage contracts, task orders, requests for proposals, and review of proposals to ensure and control the quality of work.
3. Work as a member of a team involved in developing public health education and initiatives to ensure the goals of a violence and injury prevention and control the program are met.
4. Manage health communication programs/campaigns/activities to stay abreast of new developments.
5. Experience drafting health education and scientific materials to disseminate to varied audiences.
6. Present health education communication briefings or presentations to various groups to disseminate current information.
7. Confirm that CDC brand, identity standards and clearance processes are followed to ensure adherence to policy.
8. Coordinate the gathering of data for fact sheets, program briefings, summaries and web, to ensure proper dissemination of information.
9. Utilize electronic health communication and marketing channels to increase the health impact of CDC's science-based violence and injury prevention health information and interventions.
10. Serve as a technical resource to plan, develop, implement, and evaluate translation and dissemination of scientific information for a violence and injury prevention and control program.
11. Respond to public inquiries to ensure proper disseminate information.
12. Analyze the current context or situation (including Web analysis) to identify and address gaps in knowledge about audiences.
13. Apply audience research results to campaign, strategy, and message development to ensure optimal results.
14. Provide consultation and technical assistance on communication and marketing research to ensure goals and objectives are met.
15. Manage health communication, marketing research, evaluation contracts and task orders to ensure proper procedures are followed.
16. Serve as project officer, monitor and project lead for grants, contracts, and cooperative agreements to ensure quality control.
17. Plan and report information about project budget, timeline, and evaluation to management to ensure success.
18. Lead work teams by directing activities, setting and monitoring objectives and providing guidance and direction to ensure completion of projects.
19. Communicate orally and in writing to provide public health information.
20. Provide technical assistance and consultation to public health entities to ensure program goals are accomplished.
21. Establish and maintain internal and external partnerships to plan and implement national communication and marketing campaigns for a violence and injury prevention and control program.
22. Follow procedures on health communication, marketing, media relations, health policy, and issues management to ensure effective cross-functional collaboration.
23. Your responses in this Assessment Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your responses. Deliberate attempts to falsify information will be grounds for disqualifying you or for dismissing you from employment following acceptance. Please take this opportunity to review your responses to ensure their accuracy.
If you fail to answer this question, you will be disqualified from consideration for this position.
I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001); my eligibilities may be cancelled, I may be denied an appointment, or I may be removed and debarred from Federal service (5 C.F.R. part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated. I understand that responding "No" to this item will result in my not being considered for this position.