1. Do you have at least one year of specialized experience, equivalent to the GS-14 grade level in the Federal service that includes editing and clearing correspondence, memoranda, and other scientific policy and programmatic documents in response to inquiries and testimony; developing and operating tracking systems designed to identify, respond to and solve early warning and bottleneck problems with controlled correspondence; ensuring all inquiries are responded to within established timeframes and monitors others' work to ensure deadlines are met; ensuring that paper files are current and complete, and reviews letters or documents to verify that they conform with policies and/or regulations?A. Yes (this specialized experience must be reflected in your resume)
For each of the items below, select the one statement that most accurately describes your experience and capability using the scale below.A- I have no experience in performing this work behavior.
2. Edit and clear correspondence, memoranda, and other scientific policy and programmatic documents in response to inquiries and testimony.
3. Control and process all correspondence directed to senior manager in the office.
4. Develop and operate tracking systems designed to identify, respond to, and solve early warning and bottleneck problems with controlled correspondence.
5. Provide project management support for top priority initiatives within the office.
6. Establish and maintain a tracking system to provide regulator status reports for all items of importance to senior management regarding policy issues, pending rules and guidance documents.
7. Review letters or documents to determine if they conform with policies or regulations.
8. Provide executive leadership and managerial direction to professional, technical, and support personnel in responding to internal and external inquiries on the full range of scientific and programmatic issues for the office.
9. Provide direct support senior management through the development of briefings materials, background information for meetings, responses to inquires, and maintenance and control of the working files.
10. Serve as liaison to other offices regarding significant correspondence and inquiries.
11. Establish and implement standard operating procedures (SOPs) for managing correspondence.
12. Provide materials and status reports to senior managers within established deadlines.
13. Ensure project managers work in concert with project leaders to ensure timeframes and millstones are met.
14. Ensure all inquires are responded to within established timeframes and consistent with office policy.