1. From the statements below, select the one response that best describes your highest level of experience you fully possess that
demonstrations your ability to perform the work of a Human Resources Specialist (Employee Relations) at the CU-13 level.
For the following questions, please choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training as it relates to your ability to perform the work of this position.A- I have not had education, training, or experience in performing this task.
2. Research and apply employee management relations laws, regulations, case law, principles and practices.
3. Apply Federal performance management laws, regulations, case law, principles, and practices.
4. Resolve routine issues as they bear on adverse actions and discipline.
5. Provide managers with interpretations of the agency's employee relations procedures, practices, policies and guidelines
6. Serve as the designated Agency or Company Representative before the Merit Systems Protection Board.
7. Serve as the Agency or Company representative before the Federal Labor Relations Authority.
8. Develop performance standards.
9. Develop disciplinary and adverse actions.
10. Interpret and apply Absence and Leave policies.
11. Interpret labor contracts.
12. Assist attorney in third-party appeals.
13. Process grievances in accordance with applicable guidelines.
14. Draft informative explanatory material prepared for agency management officials on the application of the law to agency regulations, processes and polices.
15. Prepare correspondence for disciplinary/adverse actions, responses to grievances, Union information reuqests, or information for third party proceedings.
16. Develop ER-related policy and/or guidance.
17. Prepare position papers, briefings or fact sheets.
18. Give presentations within organization and/or management.
19. Present information and conferences.
20. Explain or defend higher level management policies.
21. Deliver training courses.
22. Provide advice to management in the areas of Discipline and Advers Actions, Performance Management and Grievances.
Please respond to the questions below. Answers must be reflected in your resume.
23. Have you applied and interpreted one or more of the following: Code of Federal Regulations; United States Code; Agency/Company personnel policy manuals; Merit Systems Protection Board decisions; Federal Labor Relations Authority decisions; Comptroller General decisions; Executive Orders; Case law, court decisions; Arbitration decisions;or Collective Bargaining Agreements?