Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
Providing this information is completely voluntary and will not affect the processing of your application or consideration for employment. Prior to the review of your application materials, these demographics will be separated from your application along with any personal identifiers.
The collected information will help us to better understand the applicant pool for Federal jobs. The nature of the information received is confidential. This information will be maintained under conditions that ensure only summary data for all applicants are reported and that no individual applicant's data is provided to selecting officials. This information becomes part of a Privacy Act System of Records as identified in 5 CFR 552a, and any disclosure of this record or information contained in this record is in accordance with routine uses found in OPM/GOVT-7, Applicant Race, Sex, National Origin, and Disability Status Records.
The categories below provide descriptions of ethnicity, race and disability. Select the category(s) with which you identify yourself.
Category 01 and 02, "Ethnicity", check only one; category 03 through 07, "Race", check all that apply; category 08-10, "Disability Status" select one; category 12-20 "Targeted Disabilities", in the case of multiple impairments, choose the code which describes the impairment that would result in the most substantial limitation; category 11 applies to Schedule A appointment eligibility.
Please accurately identify your level of experience and demonstrated capability when completing this questionnaire as your responses, resume and supporting documents will be reviewedfor accuracy. You will be asked at the end of this questionnaire to certify your entire application as true and accurate.
Please answer the following questions by selecting the most appropriate response. FAILURE TO RESPOND TO THESE QUESTIONS MAY RESULT IN AN INELIGIBILE RATING. NOTE: You must submit the required documentation to verify your eligibility as indicated below. Failure to provide the required documents will render you not eligible for consideration. See instructions under the "How to Apply" tab for submitting documentation.
Please answer the following question by selecting the most appropriate response.
1. There is a time in grade requirement for this position. To meet the time in grade requirement for the grade you are applying for you must have held the next lower grade on a permanent basis for at least 52 weeks or have permanently held the grade for which you are applying. Please indicate the appropriate response below.
2. DTIC Employee - I am a current permanent Career or Career-Conditional employee of Defense Technical Information Center in the competitive service or I'm serving on a permanent Veterans Recruitment Appointment (VRA) with this agency.
3. DoD Transfer (Excluding DTIC)- I am currently employed as a permanent career or career-conditional DoD ( such as Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, DLA, DFAS, or DoDEA) employee in the competitive service or I'm serving on a permanent Veterans Recruitment Appointment (VRA).(NOTE: If you indicate "yes" for this question, you MUST submit a copy of your most recent career/career conditional SF-50 AND you must submit a copy of an SF-50 that reflects your highest grade held on a permanent basis).
4. Non-DoD Transfer- I am currently employed as a permanent career or career-conditional Non-DoD (such as Dept of Labor, VA, etc.,) employee in the competitive service or I'm serving on a permanent Veterans Recruitment Appointment (VRA).(NOTE: If you indicate "yes" for this question, you MUST submit a copy of your most recent career/career conditional SF-50 AND you must submit a copy of an SF-50 that reflects your highest grade held on a permanent basis).
5. Appointment of Certain Military Spouses- I am the spouse of a member of the Armed Forces who has been issued orders for a permanent change of station (PCS) and I am indicated on the PCS orders; and I have been married to the military member on, or prior to the date of my spouse's PCS orders; and I am relocating with my spouse to the new duty location; and I have not been appointed using this authority under these orders. -OR- I am the spouse of a member of the Armed Forces who retired with a disability rating at the time of retirement of 100 percent; or retired or separated from the Armed Forces and has a disability rating of 100 percent from the Dept of Veterans Affairs. -OR- I am the un-remarried widow or widower of a member of the Armed Forces killed while in active duty status. (NOTE 1: Spouses are eligible for a noncompetitive appointment under this authority for a maximum of 2 years from the date of the service member's permanent change of station orders. NOTE 2: For current military spouse's this appointment authority is limited to the geographical area of the PCS orders and is limited to one permanent appointment per PCS orders. For spouses of 100 percent disabled veterans or widows/widowers this authority is not limited to a geographical area and there is not a limit to the number of appointments under this authority. NOTE 3: You must include a copy of your spouse's PCS orders, or VA disability rating, or DD-1300 and Death Certificate, as applicable.)
6. Reinstatement- I was formerly employed as a federal civilian on a permanent competitive appointment, but I am not a current permanent federal employee. (NOTE: If you indicate "yes" for this question, you MUST submit a copy of your most recent competitive career/career conditional separation SF-50 AND you must submit a copy of an SF-50 that reflects your highest grade held on a permanent basis).
7. 30% Disabled Veteran- I am a disabled veteran rated by the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) as having a compensable service-connected disability of 30 percent or more; or a disabled veteran who retired from active military service with a disability rating of 30 percent or more; AND my discharge was under conditions other than dishonorable. NOTE: If you respond "yes" to this statement, you must submit a copy of your DD Form 214 documenting final military discharge, release or retirement (your DD Form 214 (usually Member Copy 4) must reflect the dates of service, character of discharge, and time lost, if any), SF-15 Application for 10 Point Veterans Preference, and an official statement, dated 1991 or later, from the Dept of Veterans Affairs (VA), or from a branch of the Armed Forces, certifying that you have a service-connected disability of 30% or more along with your application/resume package.
8. Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA)- I am a veteran who served substantially 3 or more years of continuous active duty in the military - OR - I am a preference eligible; AND my discharge was performed under honorable conditions. NOTE: If you indicate "yes" for this question, you must submit copies of DD-214s (your DD Form 214 (usually Member Copy 4) must reflect the dates of service, character of discharge, and time lost, if any) and proof of any preference eligibility along with your application/resume package.
9. Executive Order (EO) 12721- I was employed overseas as an Appropriated Fund employee and am eligible to apply in accordance with EO 12721. NOTE: If you indicate "yes" for this question, you must submit all the required documents as shown in this announcement under "Required Documents," along with your application/resume package.
10. Non-Appropriated Fund (NAF) - I am currently serving on a NAFI or Army Air Force Exchange Services (AAFES) position without time limitation, or I have been involuntarily separated from such an appointment without personal cause within the preceding year; AND, I have been serving or have served in such a position continuously for at least one year. NOTE: If you indicate "yes" for this question, you MUST submit a copy of your most recent personnel action form and a prior personnel action form which will reflect at least one year of continuous service as a NAF/AAFES employee along with your application/resume package.
11. Other- I am currently on a permanent position which is equivalent to at least the (grade of the position) level (or higher) in the federal service; however, I am an employee for a federal agency which has an interchange agreement with the U.S. Office of Personnel Management, or with a federal agency covered under other special appointing authorities or agreements (e.g., TSA, U.S. Postal Service, FAA, etc.). NOTE: If you indicate "yes" for this question, you MUST submit a copy of your most recent career/career conditional SF-50, or equivalent employment document along with your application/resume package.
12. People with Disabilities- I have a physical or mental impairment that substantially limits one or more major life activities. NOTE: If you indicate "yes" for this question, you MUST submit a certification statement from a state Vocational Rehabilitation Service (state or private), Department of Veterans Affairs, a licensed medical professional (e.g., a Physician or other medical professional duly certified by a State, the District of Columbia, or a U.S. territory, to practice medicine); or any Federal agency, State agency or agency of the District of Columbia or a U.S. territory that issues or provides disability benefits along with your application/resume package.
13. Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP) - I am a current or former federal employee displaced from a position in a Non-DoD federal agency (e.g., IRS, VA, Dept of Labor, etc.) in the same local commuting area of the vacancy. I have a current (or last) performance rating of record of at least fully successful or the equivalent. Applicants eligible under ICTAP are provided priority selection for vacancies within the local commuting area for which they apply and are well qualified. NOTE: If you indicate "yes" for this statement, you must submit copies of the appropriate documentation, such as a reduction in force (RIF) separation notice, a SF-50 reflecting your RIF separation, or a notice of proposed removal for declining a directed reassignment or transfer of function to another commuting area. You must also submit documentation to reflect your current (or last) performance rating of record.
14. I am eligible to apply under another authority not listed here (e.g. completion of Peace Corps, VISTA, etc.). NOTE: If you indicate "yes" for this question, you must submit all the required documents showing your eligibility.
15. Are you a retired Federal employee receiving an annuity from the Office of Personnel Management? NOTE: If you answered yes to this question, attach a copy of your retirement Standard Form 50 to your application.
1. From the descriptions below, select the response that most closely represents your experience for the position of IT Specialist (SYSADMIN), GS-2210-12/13. Applicants must have IT-related experience demonstrating the following four competencies. Please mark only one response. SELECTING MORE THAN ONE RESPONSE OR NO RESPONSE AT ALL MAY MAKE YOU INELIGIBLE.A. I have IT-related experience demonstrating the following four competencies:
From the descriptions below, select the letter that corresponds to the highest level of education and/or experience that you fully possess and demonstrates your ability to perform the work of a IT Specialist (SYSADMIN), at the GS-12/13 grade level. Select only one letter for each item. (NOTE: This same experience must be described in the resume that you submit in addition to answering this questionnaire. Failure to adequately support your answers to this questionnaire within your resume may result in an ineligible rating.) FAILURE TO RESPOND TO THIS QUESTION WILL RESULT IN AN INELIGIBLE RATING.
2. I have at least one year of specialized experience equivalent in level of difficulty and responsibility to the GS-11 grade level in the Federal service or comparable in difficulty and responsibility to GS-11 if outside the Federal service. Specialized experience is defined as experience creating or maintaining Unix, Red Hat Linux or Windows Server and Windows Workstation Operating Systems, as well as, working with VMware ESX or vSphere Hypervisor.A. Yes
3. I have at least one year of specialized experience equivalent in level of difficulty and responsibility to the GS-12 grade level in the Federal service or comparable in difficulty and responsibility to GS-12 if outside the Federal service. Specialized experience is defined as experience creating or maintaining Unix, Red Hat Linux or Windows Server and Windows Workstation Operating Systems, working with VMware ESX or vSphere Hypervisor, and experience with storage provisioning, storage management, and daily operations and maintenance of network storage devices or Storage Area Networks.A. Yes
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Darken the
oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the Qualifications and Availability Form C. Please select only one letter for each item.
4. Apply knowledge of a variety of complex operating systems to administer and manage highly visible virtual servers and information processing systems.
5. Apply knowledge of VMware technologies to identify trends, deficiencies, critical operational issues, and expansion potential for Virtual Centers.
6. Develop and implement new and/or unique approaches create and maintain virtual machines in order to address ambiguous/unidentified requirements and troubleshoot network, server, or performance issues.
7. Evaluate operation of systems focusing on life cycle development sufficient to study requests for new systems, analyze unique requirements, investigate unprecedented problems, and provide authoritative procurement recommendations.
8. Analyze requirements of systems needs in order to define required hardware configurations and operating system and application software requirements.
9. Install, configure, troubleshoot and maintain network attached storage devices (NAS) or Storage Area Networks (SAN) devices/equipment.
10. Diagnose and recover failed systems activities that involve both tape and disk based recovery.
11. Perform storage system configuration changes to optimize the functionality and increase the efficiency of performance.
12. Provide technical guidance related to storage management, disk allocation, resource usage, and disaster recovery.
13. Route and configure a hypervisor network interface to maximize virtual machine performance.
14. Use emerging technologies and security methods to provide technical advice and direction for the security of virtualized systems.
15. Manage a vSphere environment using vCenter software.
16. Create and execute comprehensive project plans with related technical support sufficient to support long range IT program needs.
17. Conduct senior management level review and analysis of all project milestones, funding status, and procurement functions to detect negative trends and rectify problems.
18. Develop cost estimates, statements of work, project plans, contractor controls, policies, and procedures necessary for program execution.
19. Provide technical advice to the team and/or individual members on work methods, practices and procedures needed to accomplish projects.
20. Distribute and balance workload and tasks among staff and make adjustments as necessary to make most efficient use of skills, resources, and time.
21. Conduct detailed analyses of business processes for which systems are being developed.
22. Define information technology solutions and alternatives to enable changes and improvements.
23. Collect information to evaluate the feasibility of proposed operational improvements and/or new systems development projects.
24. Perform acceptance tests of hardware and software.
25. Isolate and solve design problems encountered during testing and implementation stages.
26. As previously explained, your responses in this assessment questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification based on the documents (e.g. resume) you submit. Ensure that your resume accurately describes the level of education and/or experience claimed in the assessment questionnaire.
Please take this opportunity to review your assessment questionnaire responses to ensure their accuracy. By agreeing to the statement below, you are confirming that you:
- understand this information
- have reviewed your responses to this questionnaire for accuracy, and
- verify that your responses accurately describe your current level of experience and capability.
Failure to agree to the statement below will disqualify you from further consideration for the position.