Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we cannot process your application without it.
Please enter your e-mail address in the space provided. If you do not provide an e-mail address you may not receive a notice of your results.
Enter the lowest grade (05) you will accept for this position.
The specialty code(s) for this position is (are):
The location code(s) for this position is (are):
Respond to each of the following questions. For each question, choose the response that best represents your eligibility, employment and skills. Mark only one response for each question. Please note that your answers will be verified against the information you provided in your uploaded resume, documents and information provided by your references.
1. Please choose the response that best describes your level of education, training and experience as it relates to the work of the Prosthetics Clerk GS-0303-05.A. I have one year of general experience, equivalent to at least the GS-04 level, or equivalent pay band in other pay systems in the Federal government. This experience may also have been obtained in the private sector, and it demonstrates that it is comparable to the GS grade indicated. Experience may be demonstrated by working as a customer service representative in a customer service organization or call center; process item order requests using an automated system; assisting technicians performing simple maintenance on a variety of medical assistive devices, i.e., hearing aids or prosthetics; preparing routine correspondence using correct grammar, spelling and punctuation on automated systems, and performing routine administrative functions in an office.
2. Please choose the response that best describes your level of education, training and experience as it relates to the work of the Prosthetics Clerk GS-0303-06.A. I have one year of specialized experience, equivalent to at least the GS-05 level, or equivalent pay band in other pay systems in the Federal government. This experience may also have been obtained in the private sector, and it demonstrates that it is comparable to the GS grade indicated. Specialized experience may have been demonstrated by working as a professional customer service representative within a call center to determine the nature of the customer’s request and providing information about products and services; verify, enter and process product order requests using automated delivery systems; perform minor maintenance on a variety of medical assistive devices, i.e. hearing aid battery replacement or making alterations to prosthetic devices; prepare a variety of technical and non-technical correspondence using correct grammar, spelling and punctuation using automated systems; perform a variety of administrative activities which include maintaining office files, ordering office supplies, and using fax machines, photocopiers, scanners, telephone system, computer, office software, etc, and working as a team member to ensure organizational goals are met.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had the education, training, or experience in performing this task.
3. Determine the nature of customers request for the purpose of ordering a variety of medical assistive devices, i.e. hearing aid, orthotic garments
4. Process orders and determine accurate order descriptions and quantities..
5. Verify customer and order information for correctness, checking it against previously obtained information as necessary.
6. Confer with customers by telephone to provide information about products or services
7. Demonstrate the ability to work on a team
8. Verify and examine information and accuracy of information provided.
9. Process orders using a centralized or automated delivery management system.
10. Trace transactions from the initial request until items have been received.
11. Check inventory records to determine availability of requested medical assistive devices. .
12. Track the status of requisitions, contracts, and orders.
13. Enter and maintain data related to product orders processed or received.
14. Provide information about medical assistive devices to include hearing aids, hearing aid batteries, orthotic garments, and prosthesis.
15. Determine type/size of battery, cord tubing or other accessories required to insure correct ordering.
16. Distinguish general types of hearing aids and their application to meet customers needs, i.e. custom-in-ear, over the ear, or programmable hearing aids.
17. Provide information on mechanical aids and/or adaptive devices for the legally blind, i.e. types of canes, types of braille watches and clocks, or braille writers.
18. Determine appropriate orthotic garments needed based on knowledge of various types of amputations for correct order processing.
19. Identify appropriate prosthetic socks in terms of size, length, ply, material and manufacturer for accurate and timely ordering.
20. Interpret types of contracts and product warranties applicable to replacement or new products.
21. Apply a knowledge of supply management in the procurement of medical assistive devices.
22. Communicate with customers, employees, and other individuals to answer questions, disseminate or explain information, take orders, and address complaints.
23. Resolve routine and non-routine customer questions.
24. Inform customers by mail or telephone of order information such as shipping dates, and any anticipated delays.
25. Inform customers by mail or telephone of order information such as shipping dates, and any anticipated delays..
26. Effectively reply to customers on technical questions concerning hearing aids and prosthetic items.
27. Prepares written correspondence reports and policy procedures to Veterans and medical facilities.
28. Writes brief technical descriptions of hearing aid, or medical assistive device malfunctions.
29. I certify that all of my responses to this questionnaire are true and accurate. I accept that if my supporting documentation and/or later steps in the selection process do not support one or more of my responses to the questionnaire that my application may be rated lower and/or I may be removed from further consideration. (Note: Failure to certify will render you ineligible for consideration.)A. Yes