Enter your Social Security Number. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
The Vacancy Identification Number is: 812423
Office Automation Clerk (OA), GS-0326-04
Please answer the following Employment Availability Questions by selecting either Yes or No.
Enter the lowest grade level (04-04) you will accept.
The occupational specialty will be selected for you if there is only one, otherwise, select/enter at least one occupational specialty code for this position. The specialty code for this position is:
The geographic location code will be selected for you if there is only one, otherwise, select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are intrested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
Do not overstate or understate your level of experience and demonstrated capability. Should you be aware that your ratings are subject to evaluation and verification based on the resume, and other relevant documents you submit, as well as through verification of references as appropriate. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your stated level of experience and demonstrated capability. Deliberate attempts to falsify information may be grounds for not selecting you or for dismissing you from the position following acceptance.
1. Are you submitting Form BIA-4432, Verification of Indian Preference for Employment in the Bureau of Indian Affairs, to claim Indian Preference? Note: You must include and upload your Form BIA-4432. As outlined in the vacancy announcement, this is the ONLY Indian Preference Verification Form that will be accepted.A. Yes.
2. Are you submitting your most recent SF-50, Notification of Personnel Action, to verify you are a current status employee or a former employee with Reinstatement eligibility? Note: You must include and upload your latest SF-50 to verify transfer or reinstatement eligibility.A. Yes.
3. Are you a veteran and submitting a DD-214, Certificate of Release or Honorable Discharge from Active Duty, to verify Veteran's Preference claimed? Note: You must include and upload your DD-214, if claiming 5 pt. or 10 pt. preference and Standard Form 15 including the required supporting documentation, if claiming 10 pt. preference.A. Yes.
Please carefully read the questions and responses below. You must select only ONE response for each item. If you change your response, be certain to erase (uncheck) the incorrect response before you submit the application. Once you have submitted your application, items with more than one response or items left blank will not receive credit.
4. For the GS-04 grade level: Please select the response below which best describes your experience and/or education to qualify for the position of Office Automation Clerk.A. I possess at least one year of general experience which is progressively responsible clerical, office, or other work that indicates ability to acquire the particular knowledge and skills needed to perform the duties of the position.
5. Do you meet the following proficiency requirements and agree to the Self-Certification Statement?
"I can type 40 words per minute and possess the knowledge of general office automation software, such as word processing, personal computer, electronic mail, database, spreadsheets, etc."
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Please select only one letter for each item for questions 6 through 22.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
6. Use personal computer software to draft and edit a variety of documents.
7. Create and maintain databases and spreadsheets for report development of statistical data.
8. Schedule, prepare and maintain travel arrangements and documents using an automated travel system.
9. Create reports, memoranda and letters as requested.
10. Proofread letters or other documents for grammatical, spelling or typographical errors.
11. Encode and maintain employee timesheets using an automated time and attendance system.
12. Control and track all incoming correspondence and action documents.
13. Operate standard office equipment (i.e., telephone, typewriter, fax, photocopier, calculator).
14. Organize and maintain office files.
15. Make copies, collates, and/or binds materials.
16. Search files, documents or other sources for information.
17. Develop and maintain paper filing or record systems.
18. Arrange meetings, conferences, and schedule requests for office staff.
19. Maintain administrative confidentiality in daily work activities.
20. Receive visitors and telephone calls and directs them to the appropriate staff.
21. Respond to routine and nontechnical requests for information.
22. Release information in accordance with established controls.
Your ratings in this Occupational Assessment Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification based on the documents and references you submit. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your ratings. Deliberate attempts to falsify information may be grounds for not selecting you or for dismissing you from the position/agency. Please take this opportunity to review your ratings to ensure their accuracy.
23. By agreeing to the statement below, you are confirming that you understand this warning; have reviewed your responses to this questionnaire for accuracy, and; verify that your responses accurately describe your current level of experience and capability. It is the applicant's responsibility to verify that information entered, uploaded, or faxed (i.e., resume, veterans or Indian preference documentation, assessment questions and answers, and SF 50s) is received and is accurate.
Your failure to agree to the statement below will disqualify you from further consideration for this position: