Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Your Social Security Number is requested under the authority of Executive Order 9397 to uniquely identify your records from those of other applicants who may have the same name. As allowed by law or Presidential directive, your Social Security Number is used to seek information about you from employers, schools, banks and others who may know you. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
Are you a current Food and Drug Administration (FDA) employees with competitive status only? Competitive status refers to employees who are serving on a career or career conditional appointment.
Are you a PHS Commissioned Officer (This includes active duty officers, inactive reserve officers, and applicants who have been approved for commissioning in the USPHS Commissioned Corps)?
Are you eligible for noncompetitive appointment?
This includes applicants who are eligible for special or noncompetitive appointment authorities such as 30% or more compensable disabled veterans, persons with disabilities and PHS Commissioned Corps Officers. This also includes applicants who meet the qualifications for this position and who have previously held, or currently hold, a Federal position at the grade of this position.
Enter the lowest grade level that you will accept for this position. The lowest grade for this position is 11.
If you are a male at least 18 years of age, born after December 31, 1959, have you registered with the Selective Service System?
Select/enter at least one occupational specialty. The specialty code for this position is:
Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
1. From the descriptions below, choose one answer that best describes your experience and/or education which meets the Basic Qualification Requirements for the Biologist, GS 401-11 position.A. I have successfully completed at least a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university that included a major field of study in biological sciences, agriculture, natural resource management, chemistry, or related disciplines appropriate to the position.
2. From the descriptions below, select the one which best describes your experience and meets the Additional Qualification Requirements for the Biologist 401-11.A. 3 years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to a Ph.D. degree or Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree. (Degree has to be relevant to the position).
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
3. Analyze the cause and significance of unexpected experimental results and determine the accuracy and validity of data
4. Review experiments in order to evaluate the progress of the research.
5. Modify or redesign methods or techniques to adapt to unexpected developments during a research project.
6. Carry out complex biological methods and procedures in providing research support to a research program.
7. Calibrate and operate sophisticated laboratory instruments.
8. Prepare and present information regarding laboratory experiments.
9. Compile tables, charts, graphs, summaries, and other experimental results for inclusion in publications.
10. Maintain complete, detailed records of all experiments performed, and methods and procedures used.
11. Prepare manuscripts, abstracts, and/or posters.
12. I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith.