Supervisory Criminal Investigator (Section Chief)
Vacancy ID: 813289 Announcement Number: DAL-OIA-813289-MP-SDL USAJOBS Control Number: 336634600Social Security Number
Vacancy Identification Number
Title of Job
Supervisory Criminal Investigator (Section Chief)
Are you a citizen of the United States?
001 Supervisory Criminal Investigator (Section Chief)
110010001 Washington DC, DC
Transition Assistance Plan
1. Select the statement that best describes your Federal employment status.A. I am a current U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement employee with competitive status who works in the 1811 job series.
B. I am NOT a current U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement employee with competitive status who works in the 1811 jobs series.
The following questions will only be used to determine whether or not you meet the minimum qualification requirements for this position. You may wish to consult the vacancy announcement for a description of those requirements.
2. Which of the following statements best describes your experience?A. I have at least one year of experience as a Criminal Investigator, GS-1811-13 (or higher grade level), with the Federal government.
B. I have at least 1 yr. of experience directing complex criminal investigations with interregional/national/international dimensions; providing leadership/training to lower level agents; planning/conducting criminal investigations with extensive jurisdictional problems; developing criminal investigation strategies in cooperation with federal/state/local law enforcement operations; and devising new investigative techniques.
C. I do not possess the experience as described above.
Provide the name and telephone of a supervisor who can verify your claim. This experience MUST be mentioned in your resume.
3. There is a time-in-grade (TIG) requirement for promotion into this position. Have you completed one year in a position at or above the GS-13 grade level?A. Yes, I have completed one year in a position at or above the GS-13 grade level.
B. No. I have not completed one year in a position at or above the GS-13 grade level.
C. Not Applicable. TIG does not apply to me because I currently occupy (or have previously occupied) a position at or above the GS-14 grade level.
Please give the title(s), series, and grade(s) of the position(s) that support(s) your claim. Also give the beginning and ending dates (month/day/year) during which you occupied the position(s) listed.
4. Conviction of a misdemeanor crime of domestic violence, as outlined in the vacancy announcement, is disqualifying. A misdemeanor crime of domestic violence is any offense involving the use of physical force, or the threatened use of a deadly weapon, committed by a current or former domestic partner, parent, or guardian of the victim. Have you ever been convicted of a misdemeanor crime of domestic violence?A. Yes
5. Do you have a current valid state driver's license?A. Yes
6. Applicants are required to undergo and successfully complete a background investigation. Will you comply with this requirement?A. Yes
The following questions will be used to rate applicants who meet the minimum eligibility and qualification requirements.
7. Indicate the extent of your experience in tracking and controlling a budget.A. I have had no training or experience in performing this task.
B. I have entered costs in spreadsheets and standard forms.
C. I have tracked budget transactions and approved budget requests in an organization.
D. I have had experience in overseeing, reviewing, and approving budget requests and expenditures for large programs and/or offices in an organization.
8. Have you met/negotiated with various parties to help resolve grievances/appeals?A. Yes
9. Indicate the extent of your experience in monitoring or developing performance measurements to evaluate the effectiveness of operations and/or assist in program administration.A. I have had no experience or training in performing this task.
B. I have made recommendations based on my evaluation of performance measurements used to determine the effectiveness of operations and/or program administration.
C. I have developed performance measurements used to evaluate the effectiveness of operations and/or assist in program administration, and have monitored the use of these measurements.
D. I have supervised the development of performance measurements used to evaluate the effectiveness of operations and program administration, as well as the evaluation of operations and program administration.
10. Select the choice which best describes the extent of your knowledge of internal and external politics in the work place and your ability to apply this knowledge to situations.A. I have a basic understanding of internal and external politics in the work place.
B. I have a thorough understanding of internal and external politics in the work place, acquired through on-the-job experience and formal training, and I have routinely applied this knowledge in work situations.
C. I have expert knowledge of internal and external politics in the work place, acquired from extensive supervisory/managerial experience, and I have applied this knowledge to enhance the effectiveness of my organization.
11. Indicate the extent of your experience in developing and interpreting policy on designated programs.A. I have had no experience in performing this task.
B. I have assisted and provided input to my superiors or subject-matter experts concerning the development of a new policy or the application of a new policy to a specific program.
C. I have drafted and/or studied proposals for the implementation of new policies or provided recommendations for the application of policies to a specific program.
D. I have independently developed and implemented new policies that impacted a specific program or interpreted the program response to far reaching policy directives.
12. Indicate the extent of your experience in reporting to higher level officials on program status and/or technical problems requiring resolution.A. I have had no experience in performing this task.
B. I have reported primarily to my immediate supervisor, either formally or informally, on program status and/or technical problems requiring resolution.
C. I have given formal written reports and oral briefings to higher level officials both within and outside my organization regarding program status and/or technical problems requiring resolution.
D. I have given formal briefings to higher level officials in the organization regarding program status and/or technical problems requiring resolution.
13. Select the choice which best describes your experience in responding to new information, changing conditions, or unexpected obstacles.A. I have adapted to minor or temporary changes affecting my own assignments or work schedule by rescheduling work or refocusing my efforts.
B. I have rearranged some priorities and rescheduled a significant amount of work to accommodate changes in resources or goals. I have recommended new methods in situations in which established procedures were unavailable or inapplicable.
C. I have rearranged virtually all work priorities and schedules to accommodate sudden major changes, problems, or setbacks. I have chosen or developed new methods in situations in which established procedures were unavailable or inapplicable.
14. Indicate the extent of your knowledge of the concepts, principles, and methodologies used to conduct international activities or criminal investigations.A. I have no knowledge of these concepts or principles.
B. I have received training in the concepts, principles, and methodologies for conducting international activities or criminal investigations, but I have had no hands-on experience.
C. I have a basic knowledge of the concepts, principles, and methodologies for conducting international activities or criminal investigations, acquired through training and hands-on experience.
D. I have an extensive knowledge of the concepts, principles, and methodologies for conducting international activities or criminal investigations, acquired through advanced training and extensive experience in successfully carrying out related investigations.
15. Indicate the extent of your experience in coordinating multi-jurisdictional activities or investigations with other agencies/individuals.A. I have had no training or experience in performing this task.
B. I have been a member of a team tasked with coordinating multi-jurisdictional activities or investigations but I have had no individual responsibility for performing this task.
C. I have served as a team leader of a team tasked with coordinating a multi-jurisdictional activities or investigations.
D. I have had extensive experience in coordinating a variety of multi-jurisdictional investigations activities or investigations with other law enforcement agencies, both federal and local.
16. Please indicate the extent of your experience to communicate effectively, with a variety of officials with diverse backgrounds as it relates to providing presentations/briefings.A. I have no experience conducting presentations/briefings.
B. I have some experience conducting presentations to 1st & 2nd level supervisors, and equivalent mid-level officials (i.e., DAD, ASAC, DSAC and RAC).
C. I have experience which involves conducting presentations to high level officials within federal and local law enforcement agencies.
D. I have through experience which involves conducting briefings and presentations to both law and non-law enforcement, federal, local and international high level officials
17. If you are a Federal employee, is your most recent performance rating equivalent to a "pass," "satisfactory," or better?A. Yes
C. I am a Federal employee but have not received a performance rating.
D. Not applicable. I am not a Federal employee.
If you are not a current Federal employee, please provide the names and telephone numbers of three professional references (e.g., current and former supervisors, college or university professors, managers or coordinators of volunteer activities, etc.) who know your qualifications relative to this position and who we can contact to verify your credentials. Do not list personal friends or relatives.
18. Have you ever held or do you currently hold a competitive service position on a permanent basis in the federal government with promotion potential equivalent to GS-14 or higher? Caution: NTE promotions do not count. If you are in doubt, answer "no."A. YES
If you answered “Yes”, provide the title, pay plan, grade and series or pay band and the dates (MM/DD/YY to MM/DD/YY) you held this position.