Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
1. From the descriptions below, select the response that most closely represents your experience for the position of IT Specialist (SYSADMIN), GS-2210-12/13. Applicants must have IT-related experience demonstrating the following four competencies. Please mark only one response. SELECTING MORE THAN ONE RESPONSE OR NO RESPONSE AT ALL MAY MAKE YOU INELIGIBLE.A. I have IT-related experience demonstrating the following four competencies:
From the descriptions below, select the letter that corresponds to the highest level of education and/or experience that you fully possess and demonstrates your ability to perform the work of a IT Specialist (SYSADMIN), at the GS-12/13 grade level. Select only one letter for each item. (NOTE: This same experience must be described in the resume that you submit in addition to answering this questionnaire. Failure to adequately support your answers to this questionnaire within your resume may result in an ineligible rating.) FAILURE TO RESPOND TO THIS QUESTION WILL RESULT IN AN INELIGIBLE RATING.
2. I have at least one year of specialized experience equivalent in level of difficulty and responsibility to the GS-11 grade level in the Federal service or comparable in difficulty and responsibility to GS-11 if outside the Federal service. Specialized experience is defined as experience creating or maintaining Unix, Red Hat Linux or Windows Server and Windows Workstation Operating Systems, as well as, working with VMware ESX or vSphere Hypervisor.A. Yes
3. I have at least one year of specialized experience equivalent in level of difficulty and responsibility to the GS-12 grade level in the Federal service or comparable in difficulty and responsibility to GS-12 if outside the Federal service. Specialized experience is defined as experience creating or maintaining Unix, Red Hat Linux or Windows Server and Windows Workstation Operating Systems, working with VMware ESX or vSphere Hypervisor, and experience with storage provisioning, storage management, and daily operations and maintenance of network storage devices or Storage Area Networks.A. Yes
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Darken the
oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the Qualifications and Availability Form C. Please select only one letter for each item.
4. Apply knowledge of a variety of complex operating systems to administer and manage highly visible virtual servers and information processing systems.
5. Apply knowledge of VMware technologies to identify trends, deficiencies, critical operational issues, and expansion potential for Virtual Centers.
6. Develop and implement new and/or unique approaches create and maintain virtual machines in order to address ambiguous/unidentified requirements and troubleshoot network, server, or performance issues.
7. Evaluate operation of systems focusing on life cycle development sufficient to study requests for new systems, analyze unique requirements, investigate unprecedented problems, and provide authoritative procurement recommendations.
8. Analyze requirements of systems needs in order to define required hardware configurations and operating system and application software requirements.
9. Install, configure, troubleshoot and maintain network attached storage devices (NAS) or Storage Area Networks (SAN) devices/equipment.
10. Diagnose and recover failed systems activities that involve both tape and disk based recovery.
11. Perform storage system configuration changes to optimize the functionality and increase the efficiency of performance.
12. Provide technical guidance related to storage management, disk allocation, resource usage, and disaster recovery.
13. Route and configure a hypervisor network interface to maximize virtual machine performance.
14. Use emerging technologies and security methods to provide technical advice and direction for the security of virtualized systems.
15. Manage a vSphere environment using vCenter software.
16. Create and execute comprehensive project plans with related technical support sufficient to support long range IT program needs.
17. Conduct senior management level review and analysis of all project milestones, funding status, and procurement functions to detect negative trends and rectify problems.
18. Develop cost estimates, statements of work, project plans, contractor controls, policies, and procedures necessary for program execution.
19. Provide technical advice to the team and/or individual members on work methods, practices and procedures needed to accomplish projects.
20. Distribute and balance workload and tasks among staff and make adjustments as necessary to make most efficient use of skills, resources, and time.
21. Conduct detailed analyses of business processes for which systems are being developed.
22. Define information technology solutions and alternatives to enable changes and improvements.
23. Collect information to evaluate the feasibility of proposed operational improvements and/or new systems development projects.
24. Perform acceptance tests of hardware and software.
25. Isolate and solve design problems encountered during testing and implementation stages.
26. As previously explained, your responses in this assessment questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification based on the documents (e.g. resume) you submit. Ensure that your resume accurately describes the level of education and/or experience claimed in the assessment questionnaire.
Please take this opportunity to review your assessment questionnaire responses to ensure their accuracy. By agreeing to the statement below, you are confirming that you:
- understand this information
- have reviewed your responses to this questionnaire for accuracy, and
- verify that your responses accurately describe your current level of experience and capability.
Failure to agree to the statement below will disqualify you from further consideration for the position.