Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Your Social Security Number is requested under the authority of Executive Order 9397 to uniquely identify your records from those of other applicants who may have the same name. As allowed by law or Presidential directive, your Social Security Number is used to seek information about you from employers, schools, banks and others who may know you. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
Are you an ICTAP Eligible?
For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible see http://opm.gov/rif/employee_guides/career_transition.asp#ictap. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated at 85.0 or above on the rating criteria for this position.
Are you eligible for Indian preference as defined by the Department of the Interior (DOI) and as evidenced by appropriate Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA) authorized certification?
Are you eligible for preference based on being a Public Law 94-437 Indian Health Service Scholarship recipient? For more information, please click here.
Are you eligible for the Federal Employment Program for Persons with Disabilities? (For information on Schedule A appointments, see the OPM website.)
Are you a PHS Commissioned Officer (This includes active duty officers, inactive reserve officers, and applicants who have been approved for commissioning in the USPHS Commissioned Corps)?
Are you eligible for noncompetitive appointment?
This includes applicants who are eligible for special or noncompetitive appointment authorities such as 30% or more compensable disabled veterans, persons with disabilities and PHS Commissioned Corps Officers. This also includes applicants who meet the qualifications for this position and who have previously held, or currently hold, a Federal position at the grade of this position.
Enter the lowest grade level that you will accept for this position. The lowest grade for this position is 15.
If you are a male at least 18 years of age, born after December 31, 1959, have you registered with the Selective Service System?
Select/enter at least one occupational specialty. The specialty code for this position is:
Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
1. From the descriptions below, select one response that best describes how your background meets the specialized experience requirements for the Supervisory, Consumer Safety Officer GS 0696/15 position. Read all responses before making your selection. MARK ONLY ONE RESPONSE. If you select more than one response, or leave this question blank you will be rated ineligible. If you do not meet these minimum qualifications, you will be considered not qualified and will not receive consideration for this position.A. I possess at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-14 level in the Federal service. Specialized experience is experience that equipped the applicant with the particular knowledge, skills and abilities needed to successfully perform the duties of the position. Experience in supervisory role and familiarity with administrative policies, procedures, regulations; strategic initiatives and programs, principles and practices of the Agency necessary to serve as an expert in leading and improving Office wide program effectiveness and function, especially in the area of disclsoure activities.
Knowledge of administrative and program management principles
For the questions below, please select from A through E to indicate the skill level that you possess for each task listed. The questions were developed based on the knowledge, skills, abilities, and competencies needed to perform the work of this position.
Describe your experience that supports your answers to the questions below, in your resume or application materials. It is important that your application package submitted, including a resume or application form, clearly shows how you possess the experience and skills levels you claim in this questionnaire. Each of your responses must be clearly supported by your education, training, and/or specific work experience you describe in your application packet submitted for this position (application form or resume, transcripts, list and description of training completed and/or other items you submit). If not, your score will be lowered or you will be found not qualified. The information you provide will be verified. Any exaggeration of your experience, false statements, or attempts to conceal information may be grounds for rating you ineligible, not hiring you, or for firing you after you begin work.
2. Address and solve unusual and precedent-setting problems associated with the information disclosure program.
3. Develop cost effective and fiscally responsible methods to solve problems.
4. Initiates decision-making processes and documents.
5. Participates in strategic planning of information disclosure.
Knowledge of Federal regulations for information disclosure programs
6. Plan, direct, and evaluate an information disclosure program.
7. Provide direction, coordination, and clearance of all disclosure requests.
8. Determine scientific information that meets the legal definition of trade secrets and FDA regulations.
9. Applies knowledge of a wide range of concepts, principles, and practices of scientific fields related to FDA regulated products.
Ability to supervise administrative and professional staff
10. Plan and assign work.
11. Review and evaluate work and performance of employees.
12. Finds and implements ways to eliminate or reduce significant bottlenecks and barriers to work processes in the team and promotes team building.
13. Determines the allocation and administration of the information disclosure responsibilities of a team.