1. Please choose the response that best describes your level of experience as it relates to the work of a Program Support Assistant, GS-0303-06A. I have at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-05 grade level in the Federal Service, or comparable pay band in other pay systems; but may also have been obtained in the private sector, and demonstrated experience providing customer service in a medical clinic or laboratory, performing routine and/or preventative maintenance on medical supportive devices, i.e. hearing aids, or small medical appliances; battery replacement or visual inspections; application of basic supply management and inventory systems, and skill in operating various office machines to maintain data and program information in automated computer files.
2. Please choose the response that best describes your level of experience as it relates to the work of a Program Support Assistant, GS-0303-07A. I have at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-06 grade level in the Federal Service, or comparable pay band in other pay systems; but may also have been obtained in the private sector. Specialized experience may have been demonstrated by providing customer service in a medical clinic or laboratory providing direct assistance to specialists responsible for the repair, inspection, and replacement of small medical devices, i.e. hearing aids. The work demonstrates the knowledge and skill to recognize malfunctions by either visual or electronic testing; repair or replace devices; determine and prepare accurate repair orders; and perform quality control on repaired items; application of supply management and inventory systems, and skill in operating various office machines to maintain data and program information in automated computer files.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the Qualifications and Availability Form C. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
3. Examine and identify hearing aid malfunctions to determine appropriate repair or service order.
4. Inspect malfunctioning items equipment following manufacturers' specifications and using test and analysis instruments
5. Examine items to determine serviceability, condition, and disposition, in accordance with regulations.
6. Write a brief technical description of hearing aid malfunctions and service required.
7. Determine the correct type of battery, tubing, or accessories required for a variety of hearings aids to ensure correct ordering and registration.
8. Diagnose hearing aid operation and response factors using external components such as remote controls, FM devices and audio input shoes.
9. Using hearing aid diagnostic measurement equipment and software, i.e. NOAH, capture and reset device programs
10. Performs quality control on repaired hearing aids using electro acoustic sound measurement equipment, visual inspections, and listening/operational checks.
11. Identify different battery types and sizes used on a variety of hearing aids in terms of size, voltage, life expectancy, and packaging to meet customer needs.
12. Communicate with customers, employees, and other individuals to answer questions, disseminate or explain information, take orders, and address complaints.
13. Provide information about products and services available for the repair of medical assistive devices, i.e. hearing aids.
14. Receive orders from customers and enter the information into the order entry system.
15. Collaborate with various components within an organization to provide services requested.
16. Prepare accurate repair order descriptions for submission to commercial vendors.
17. Review requisition orders in order to verify accuracy, terminology, and specifications.
18. Interpret repair contract conditions, types of warranties and various supplemental charges and contract term limitations.
19. Maintain automated records of maintenance, repair, updates of service requests.
20. Determine the appropriate course of action in the selection and placement of service/delivery orders.
21. Initiate, maintain and dispose of computer records for patients and facilities.
22. Track postal and DHL shipments to various locations.
23. Operate personal computers, printers, copiers and other equipment associated with office operations.
24. Add new material to file records or create new records as necessary.
25. Respond to customer and supplier inquiries about order status, changes, or cancellations.
26. Interview callers to determine eligibility and entitlements for program services.
27. Clarify, advise, and exchange information with a variety of customers and service vendors.
28. I certify that all of my responses to this questionnaire are true and accurate. I accept that if my supporting documentation and/or later steps in the selection process do not support one or more of my responses to the questionnaire that my application may be rated lower and/or I may be removed from further consideration. (Note: Failure to certify will render you ineligible for consideration.)A. Yes. I verify that all of my responses to this questionnaire are true and accurate. I accept that if my supporting documentation and/or later steps in the selection process do not support one or more of my response to the questionnaire that my application may be rated lower and/or I may be removed from further consideration.