Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Your Social Security Number is requested under the authority of Executive Order 9397 to uniquely identify your records from those of other applicants who may have the same name. As allowed by law or Presidential directive, your Social Security Number is used to seek information about you from employers, schools, banks and others who may know you. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
Are you an ICTAP Eligible?
For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible see http://opm.gov/rif/employee_guides/career_transition.asp#ictap. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated at 85.0 or above on the rating criteria for this position.
Are you eligible for Indian preference as defined by the Department of the Interior (DOI) and as evidenced by appropriate Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA) authorized certification?
Are you eligible for preference based on being a Public Law 94-437 Indian Health Service Scholarship recipient? For more information, please click here.
Are you eligible for the Federal Employment Program for Persons with Disabilities? (For information on Schedule A appointments, see the OPM website.)
Are you a PHS Commissioned Officer (This includes active duty officers, inactive reserve officers, and applicants who have been approved for commissioning in the USPHS Commissioned Corps)?
Are you eligible for noncompetitive appointment?
This includes applicants who are eligible for special or noncompetitive appointment authorities such as 30% or more compensable disabled veterans, persons with disabilities and PHS Commissioned Corps Officers. This also includes applicants who meet the qualifications for this position and who have previously held, or currently hold, a Federal position at the grade of this position.
Enter the lowest grade level that you will accept for this position. The lowest grade for this position is 12.
If you are a male at least 18 years of age, born after December 31, 1959, have you registered with the Selective Service System?
Select/enter at least one occupational specialty. The specialty code for this position is:
Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
1. From the descriptions below, select the one which best describes your experience and meets the Qualification Requirements for a Health Communications Specialist, GS-1001-12.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
2. Conduct formative research, planning, and evaluation in health communication activities.
3. Support collection and analysis of audience research and utilize the data to effectively develop and tailor communication strategies and messages.
4. Develop, test, and disseminate audience-tailored products, tools, and messages that accurately and effectively inform and educate stakeholders.
5. Collect information at mine sites including oral interviews, questionnaires and focus groups to develop appropriate communication strategies.
6. Conduct research and data collection activities in surface and/or underground mines to develop appropriate communication strategies.
7. Design and conduct research for the assessment and improvement of occupational safety and health training programs.
8. Conduct research on the assessment and improvement of safety culture.
9. Determine appropriate methods and materials for training miners at the national level or across multiple worksites.
10. Develop an occupational safety training program for a company or worksite.
11. Apply educational and safety principles to the creation of effective training strategies.
12. Complete assignments within established deadlines and in accordance with regulations, policies, and procedures.
13. Conduct process and outcome evaluations on existing/completed projects.
14. Conduct formative research, planning, and evaluation in health communication activities.
15. Represent the organization on committees and at meetings.
16. Develop and deliver presentations to a wide variety of audiences, including scientific staff, and mining company safety and training program managers.
17. Publish mining related technical publications in a variety of media, including peer reviewed journals.
18. Your responses in this Assessment Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your responses. Deliberate attempts to falsify information will be grounds for disqualifying you or for dismissing you from employment following acceptance. Please take this opportunity to review your responses to ensure their accuracy.
If you fail to answer this question, you will be disqualified from consideration for this position.
I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001); my eligibilities may be cancelled, I may be denied an appointment, or I may be removed and debarred from Federal service (5 C.F.R. part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated. I understand that responding "No" to this item will result in my not being considered for this position.