The specialty code for this position is 001.
Complete this section ONLY IF you are a surplus or displaced Federal employee requesting special priority consideration under the Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP) or the Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP). To be considered, you must be a surplus or displaced Federal employee as defined in the regulations, be applying for a vacancy at or below the grade level of the position from which you have been or are being separated (and with no greater promotion potential than your position), and be occupying or have been displaced from a position in the same local commuting area as the vacancy.
Note: To receive consideration for the CTAP or ICTAP, you must submit the necessary supporting documentation as specified in the vacancy announcement.
1. Select one statement from the choices below to show how you meet the qualification requirements for this position.A. I have at least one full year of specialized experience comparable in scope and responsibility to the GS-14 level in the Federal service (obtained in either the public or private sectors). This experience must include activities such as 1 ) monitoring security networks and operating systems in order to identify threats and risks to IT and communications infrastructure, and need for new or updated systems and equipment; 2) assessing risks and vulnerabilities to cyber security to identify appropriate response, including resource ordering and delivery of equipment, supplies, personnel and services; 3) coordinating the deployment and allocation of IT personnel and services to support technical cyber security alerts, common operating picture, incident response, and cyber situational awareness; and 4) establishing administrative, logical, or physical controls to ensure the organization maintains compliance with information security management policies and procedures. NOTE: Your resume must show where, when and how you performed these duties.
ABILITY TO SUPERVISE
For each task in the following groups, choose the statement from the list A through E following that most accurately describes your current level of experience and capability.A- I have no experience in performing this work behavior.
2. Evaluate work performance of subordinates and ensure performance standards among subordinate work units are equitable.
3. Develop performance standards and serve as reviewing official for subordinate positions.
4. Advise, counsel, and instruct employees on both work and administrative matters.
5. Hear and resolve complaints and grievances from employees.
6. Identify developmental and training needs of employees and provide or arrange for needed development and training.
7. Communicate the program goals to subordinate staff.
8. Translate broad organizational goals into concrete, actionable objectives.
9. Challenge and motivate others to achieve their potential.
KNOWLEDGE OF CYBERSECURITY CONCEPTS, PRINCIPLES, AND PRACTICES RELATED TO SECURITY OPERATIONS AND INTRUSION ANALYSIS
10. Oversee the development of nationwide cyber security technology to secure, strengthen, and maintain cyber security for an organization.
11. Analyze existing information security systems and procedures to determine scope of change needed to maintain security authentication technology for appropriateness and adequacy.
12. Monitor security networks and operating systems in order to identify intrusion threats and risks to IT and communications infrastructure, and need for new or updated systems and equipment.
13. Direct activities or work of staff whose primary responsibilities are analyzing computer networks for intrusion vulnerability.
14. Ensure agency maintains compliance with information security management policies and procedures.
15. Analyze current organizational structure and recommends modifications to coincide with and accommodate information technology infrastructure security goals and objectives.
KNOWLEDGE OF MULTIPLE IT AND SECURITY RELATED DISCIPLINES
16. Oversee the allocation of IT services to support technical cyber security alerts, common operating picture, incident response, and cyber situational awareness.
17. Evaluate new or existing cyber security software for organizational processes and data flow for implementation or adoption into information technology infrastructure.
18. Coordinate the deployment of personnel to deliver on-site technical assistance relating to cyber security.
19. Assess risks and vulnerabilities to cyber security to identify appropriate response, including resource ordering and delivery of equipment, supplies, personnel and services.
20. Coordinate and direct immediate response to cybersecurity incident.
21. Direct a team focused on mitigation strategies.
22. Mentor junior staff members on incident response and mitigation strategies.
23. Maintain collaborative working relationships with senior leadership in order to provide insight and guidance on IT issues related to capability and requirements.
24. Present conclusions and recommendations based on analysis and evaluation of studies to key management officials for their use in insuring efficiency, economy, and balance in the development and execution of major programs regarding cyber security and communications activities.
25. Work with Federal, State, Local, and Tribal government or private sector entities to develop or recommend technologies to enhance or continue operation of the cyber security systems and functions of an organization.
26. Represent the organization in meetings, conferences, and other public forums in order to justify, defend, or negotiate resolutions to matters involving significant or controversial issues.
27. Liaise with representatives from governmental entities or private industry to facilitate a common and coordinated approach in managing assigned programs.