Enter your Social Security Number. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
The Vacancy Identification Number is: 807844
Senior Aviation Enforcement Officer
Enter the lowest grade level (11-11) you will accept.
The occupational specialty will be selected for you if there is only one, otherwise, select/enter at least one occupational specialty code for this position. The specialty code for this position is:
The geographic location code will be selected for you if there is only one, otherwise, select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
Please insert the total number of years and months of your job related experience.
1. From the descriptions below, select the letter that describes the education or experience you have that demonstrates your ability to perform GS-11 Senior Aviation Enforcement Officer work. If your highest level of education is not described below, choose the letter that describes experience or lower level education you do have. Mark only 1 response.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Please select only one letter for each item.
2. Escort, transport, and secure prisoners or detainees on board aircraft.
3. Verify all required documentation is properly completed when receiving custody of prisoners.
4. Ensure that personal articles belonging to prisoners or detainees being transported are received, receipted, and stowed.
5. Oversee the transfer of prisoners or detainees from the airplane to vans, busses, or other forms of transportation to assure they are relinquished into the appropriate custody.
6. Perform work in emergency situations that involve the use of fire control or other emergency equipment.
7. Conduct searches of prisoners or detainees to ensure that they are not carrying prohibited items.
8. Verify restraints are used and properly applied to prisoners to assure safe passage.
9. Enforce USMS directives, policies, and procedures while escorting, transporting, and securing prisoners.
10. Use tasers or other less than lethal devices in restraining prisoners or detainees.
11. Use firearms including handguns, rifles, and shotguns.
12. Conduct pre-flight briefings for the Aviation Enforcement Officers and Aviation Security Officers to provide information regarding the flight destination and prisoners on board.
13. Confirm the accuracy of the flight manifests.
14. Activate and implement aircraft safety policies and procedures in the event of malfunctions or emergency situations.
15. Train Aviation Enforcement Officers on USMS prisoner movement requirements, procedures, and regulations.
16. Assist with providing input to update security policies and procedures.
17. Oversee the work of personnel assigned to escorting prisoners and detainees on aircraft.
18. Provide information and answer questions from prisoners or detainees.
19. Coordinate and maintain contacts with law enforcement officers from other government agencies in the transfer of prisoners and detainees.
20. Use appropriate compliance methods and a skillful approach to establishing rapport with prisoners or detainees to gain a desired effect.
21. Perform work requiring skill in negotiation and persuasion to ensure others adhere to policies and procedures.
22. Respond to individual or group disturbances and hostilities by providing counseling, restraints or other forms of intervention.
23. Coordinate with outside agencies and officials to execute warrants when traveling to foreign countries.
24. Have you had training related to this position within the past two years? If you answer yes, you must list the title, year and month of training received in your resume/application. Do not send individual certificates of training.
25. Have you received any awards in the past two years? If you answer yes, you must list the title, year and month received on your resume/application. Do not send individual certificates.