Please accurately identify your level of experience and demonstrated capability when completing this questionnaire as your responses, resume and supporting documents will be reviewed for accuracy. You will be asked at the end of this questionnaire to certify your entire application as true and accurate.
The following section is used to determine your eligibility for appointment and referral consideration. Please indicate those eligibilities for which you are eligible and would like to be considered. You will only be considered under eligibilities that you select and provide requested supporting information either below or within your resume. If you do not meet at least one of the eligibilities below, you are not eligible to be considered for this position. For additional information, definitions and supporting documentation requirements see the list of appointing eligibilities listed at http://www.public.navy.mil/donhr/Employment/CivJobOpps/Documents/ApplicantChecklist_Merit.pdf. Please note that documentation (e.g., SF-50s or DD-214s) will be requested if you are selected to verity your eligibiliy.
1. Current Department of Defense Employee - I am currently employed in the Department of Defense (Army, Navy, Marine Corps, Air Force, etc) as a permanent career or career-conditional (Tenure 1 or 2 in box 24 of SF-50) employee in the competitive service (SF-50 will show 1 in box 34); or I am currently on a permanent Veterans' Readjustment Appointment (VRA) (SF-50 will show a 2 in box 34) with Department of Defense. Note: Your resume MUST include your position title, pay plan, series, grade level, agency worked for and dates of employment for all applicable federal work experiences.A. Yes
2. Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA) - I am a veteran who served substantially 3 or more years of continuous active duty in the military - OR - I am a preference eligible; AND I was discharged under honorable conditions. Visit http://www.fedshirevets.gov/job/vetpref/index.aspx for veterans' preference eligibility requirements. Note: If you respond yes, ensure that you have answered all applicable veterans’ questions in both the Eligibility Information and Other Information sections of this questionnaire.A. Yes
3. Reinstatement- I was formerly employed as a permanent federal civilian employee (Tenure 1 or 2 in block 24 of your SF-50) in the competitive service (SF-50 will show a 1 in block 34) who 1) previously attained career status - OR- 2) is a Veterans' preference eligible and served at least one day as a career conditional employee - OR - 3) separated from civil service as a career-conditional employee within the past three years. I am NOT a current permanent federal employee. Note: Your resume MUST include a work experience with position title, pay plan, series, grade level, agency worked for and dates of employment that supports previous federal employment and your reinstatement eligibility.A. Yes
4. Schedule A, Appointment of People with Disabilities - I have a physical or mental impairment that substantially limits one or more major life activities and I have documentation supporting this in the form of letters, records or statements issued from a licensed medical professional, vocational rehabilitation specialist or other Federal or State agency that issues disability benefits.A. Yes
5. Annuitant - I am currently receiving an annuity for service as a federal civil servant. If selected, I would be serving as a re-employed annuitant.A. Yes
6. PPP Military Spouse Program - I am registered in the DoD Priority Placement Program (PPP) Military Spouse Preference Program (Program S) for the series, grade and location covered by this announcement.A. Yes
7. Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP) - I am a current former federal employee displaced from a position in a Non-DoD federal agency (e.g., IRS, VA, Dept of Labor, etc.) in the same local commuting area of the vacancy. I have a current (or last) performance rating of record of at least fully successful or the equivalent. Applicants eligible under ICTAP are provided priority selection for vacancies within the local commuting area for which they apply and are well qualified. NOTE: If you indicate "yes" for this statement, you must submit copies of the appropriate documentation, such as a reduction in force (RIF) separation notice, SF-50 reflecting your RIF separation, or a notice of proposed removal for declining a directed reassignment or transfer of function to another commuting area. You must also submit documentation to reflect your current (or last) performance rating of record.A. Yes
1. Please select one response that best describes how you meet the minimum qualifications for a GS-0501-11 Financial Management Analyst. (PLEASE NOTE: If you are qualified based on education, please verify your claim by attaching a copy of your college transcripts or providing on your resume an itemized list of courses that includes transcript-equivalent information (i.e., course title, semester/quarter hours, grades, and degree earned).A. I have one year of specialized experience equivalent to the next lower grade (GS-09) in the Federal service executing financial management programs. This experience would typically include, but is not limited to: studying or analyzing financial data; developing budget estimates; and/or using automated financial systems to track, analyze, organize, or present financial or budgetary information.
2. For the GS-12 position, do you have one year of experience equivalent to the next lower grade (GS-11) in the Federal service demonstrating knowledge of financial management or analysis, updating budget data elements and exhibits? Experience should include, but is not limited to: studying or analyzing financial data; developing budget estimates; providing advice on budgeting process or regulations; and using automated financial systems to track, analyze, organize, or present financial or budgetary information.A. Yes, I have one year of specialized experience equivalent to the next lower grade as described above.
3. For the GS-13 position, do you have one year of experience equivalent to the next lower grade (GS-12) in the Federal service analyzing, preparing and updating budget data elements and exhibits according to Office of Management and Budget (OMB) budgeting structure and process? This experience should include applying applicable elements, policy and guidance to develop, price and assess appropriate Civilian Personnel funding levels; and monitoring and review of budget and execution performance to meet financial metrics.A. Yes, I have one year of specialized experience equivalent to the next lower grade as described above.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
4. Review and analyze program mission function and resource requirements for preparation of budget material.
5. Provide advice on program resource requirements, and strategize to programmatically justify program resources.
6. Prepare and update budget data and exhibits by applying applicable budgetary elements, such as Program Element, Budget Activity, Resource Sponsor, and Line Item, in accordance with Office of Management and Budget (OMB) structure and process).
7. Assess and develop Civilian Personnel funding levels by applying applicable pricing elements (such as Work Years, Full Time Equivalency, Ray Inflation Rates and Lapse Rate.
8. Prepare budget justification materials to defend program budgeted resources as part of the budgeting process.
9. Provide support in the development and carrying out of integrated execution and budget performance planning in the execution of budgeted resources.
10. Review, develop and apply fiscal management policies for execution for resource processes.
11. Utilize accounting systems to process, review and correct detailed accounting transactions in accordance within standard accounting practices.
12. Advise Headquarters and Field-level organizations on accounting and financial processes in the execution of program resources.
13. Prepare various financial Standard accounting documents in the execution of program resources.
14. Monitor and analyze budget and execution performance to meet associated financial metrics such as, obligations, expenditures, unexpended balances, payroll and personnel levels.
15. Prepare applicable funding authorizations based on approved budget levels by appropriation, program and other budget execution elements.
16. Monitor, analyze and reconcile multiple financial accounts in preparation for monthly, quarterly and year-end closeout at the appropriation, budget activity, program element, program, activity and Headquarters/Command levels.
17. Participate in the review of financial process and transactions as part of Audit Readiness efforts.
18. Document, collect, review and analyze various financial transactions in response to Audit Review of Internal Controls.
19. Develop standard operating procedures to improve internal control of financial processes in accordance with OMB Circular A-123 Internal Controls mandates and Financial Improvement Program Strategies.
20. Your ratings in this Occupational Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification based on the documents and references you submit. Deliberate attempts to falsify or inflate your responses may be grounds for not referring you.
Please take this opportunity to review your rating to ensure the accuracy of your answers and that they are supported by your resume. Failure to agree to the statement below will disqualify you from further consideration for the position.