Please choose: 001 All US Citizens
1. Please read the following statements carefully and select the one response that best describes your education as it pertains to the basic requirements for an Epidemiologist position. You must select one response. Remember, if your answer is A below, you MUST provide a copy of your college transcript.A. I have successfully completed a full four-year course of study in an accredited college or university leading to a bachelor's or higher degree with a major study in an academic field related to health sciences or allied sciences appropriate to the work of the position, such as biochemistry, pharmacology, chemistry, epidemiology, or other related biological and medical sciences. (You must submit a copy of your transcript at time of application submission)
2. Please read the following question carefully and select the one response that best describes your education as it pertains to the basic requirements for an Epidemiologist position. You must select one response.A. I have at least 1 full year of specialized experience, equivalent to the GS-12 grade level in the Federal service that included planning and conducting studies related to the safety of drugs and therapeutic biologic products; analyzing and/or interpreting epidemiologic study results; and providing technical advice on the resolution of epidemiologic issues.
For each of the items below, select the one statement that most accurately describes your experience and capability using the scale below.A- I have no experience in performing this work behavior.
3. Conduct scientific research studies focused on the safety of drugs and therapeutic biologic products.
4. Adapt and apply epidemiologic principles and practices to situations where precedents are not directly applicable.
5. Execute analytic research projects pertinent to the assessment of the risks associated to the use of drugs and therapeutic biologics.
6. Analyze drug safety scientific data based upon results from clinical trials, electronic medical records, and/or observational studies.
7. Rely on statistical and epidemiologic techniques to evaluate post-marketing drug safety issues.
8. Perform data analysis in the area of drug and therapeutic biologic safety.
9. Plan and conduct safety reviews of therapeutic biologics products.
10. Formulate long-range plans with respect to the application of epidemiological methods in drug safety research.
11. Prepare comprehensive written scientific reviews/reports for internal and external audiences.
12. Develop briefing materials including program goals/objectives related to public health.
13. Disseminate research results in a wide range of venues such as publications, peer-reviewed journals, manuscripts, and/or special reports.
14. Write proposals for epidemiologic research projects in attempt to obtain funding.
15. Present clinical and other technical information to a variety of audiences.
16. Represent the organization at meetings and conferences.
17. Maintain working relationships with epidemiology experts from government organizations, universities, and professional associations.