1. Are you a current Center for Veterinary Medicine (CVM) Federal employee serving in a permanent, career or career conditional, competitive position OR a surplus or displaced Federal employee requesting special priority consideration under the Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP)?
Note: To receive consideration for CTAP, you must submit the necessary supporting documentation. Refer to the vacancy announcement for additional information and instructions.A. Yes (Please submit your SF-50)
2. Select the statement that describes how you meet the specialized experience requirements for this position at the GS-14 level.A. I have at least one year of specialized experience (equivalent to the GS-13 grade level or higher in the Federal service) that included: leading others in coordinating and executing information management system enhancements and changes; developing and implementing a range of qualitative and quantitative analytical studies for evaluating the performance of program operations; and providing authoritative advice on methods to improve program management practices.
For each of the items below, select the one statement that most accurately describes your experience and capability using the scale below.A- I have no experience in performing this work behavior.
3. Provide direct technical direction to a professional staff.
4. Serve as the point of contact for all business related system inquires.
5. Provide business support for information management systems.
6. Ensure production systems are thoroughly tested and coordinated into the business community prior to release.
7. Evaluate program objectives by analyzing program functions (i.e. work methods, administrative guidelines, procedures, utilization of human resources, management controls, etc.).
8. Analyze findings from in depth studies of program operations to recommend more effective and economical ways for accomplishing workload.
9. Research information systems to identify new concepts and/or techniques.
10. Conduct analytical studies to determine the functionality of organizational structures.
11. Plan the coordination of process and system changes and/or enhancements.
12. Participate in planning sessions by providing management oriented expertise in program management.
13. Execute administrative/management projects to improve the overall efficiency of a program.
14. Develop program documents (i.e. organizational charts, contact lists, budgets) to facilitate monitoring and/or carrying out key projects.
15. Prepare comprehensive status reports to report on overall work completed of projects.
16. Develop briefing papers to inform key officials on the status on special interest projects.
17. Provide expert advice on the implications of proposed policy changes on administrative and management operations.
18. Ensure consistent system usage by responding to training requests.
19. Maintain professional contacts with other Government agencies to exchange information on management planning objectives.