Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Your Social Security Number is requested under the authority of Executive Order 9397 to uniquely identify your records from those of other applicants who may have the same name. As allowed by law or Presidential directive, your Social Security Number is used to seek information about you from employers, schools, banks and others who may know you. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
Are you eligible for the Federal Employment Program for Persons with Disabilities? (For information on Schedule A appointments, see the OPM website.)
Enter the lowest grade level that you will accept for this position. The lowest grade for this position is 09.
If you are a male at least 18 years of age, born after December 31, 1959, have you registered with the Selective Service System?
Select/enter at least one occupational specialty. The specialty code for this position is:
Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
1. From the descriptions below, select the one which best describes your education and/or experience and meets the Basic Qualification Requirements for Economist, GS-0110-09/11/12.A. I have successfully completed Degree: economics that included at least 21 semester hours in economics and 3 semester hours in statistics, accounting, or calculus.
2. From the descriptions below, select the one which best describes your experience and meets the Qualification Requirements for Economist, GS-0110-09/11/12.A. I have 2 years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to a master's degree or master's or equivalent graduate degree OR I have one year of specialized experience, equivalent to the GS-07 grade level in the Federal service, to include experience assisting in conducting research on economic reviews OR I have a combination of graduate level education and appropriate specialized experience as described in the announcement that together meet requirements for this grade level. Experience and education should be computed as percentages of the overall requirements and must equal 100% when combined.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
3. Serve as economic consultant on the interpretation and use of economic evaluation data.
4. Use sound judgment in the interpretation of trends and patterns in the field of public health economics.
5. Conduct quantitative, behavioral or evaluation research including protocol development and design of measurement instrument.
6. Provide consultation and technical support for data collection, data evaluation, and data management for large/complex statistical and/or economic evaluations.
7. Assist in developing methods for abstracting, summarizing, and assessing the quality and translating data from economic evaluations.
8. Provide technical economic assistance based on coordinating and monitoring economic reviews.
9. Participate in the development and assessment of tobacco use prevention effectiveness activities, regulations, and policies.
10. Analyze current guidelines, policies, and programs to evaluate their actual or potential economic impact.
11. Advise federal, state, international, academic and non-federal agencies on the use of health economics information for policy making in public health.
12. Present scientific findings to a wide range of audiences.
13. Convey complex economic concepts in a concise, non-technical manner to a general audience.
14. Write reports and articles for publication in scientific journals.
15. Develop research plans for investigating methodology and data.
16. Develop policies for conducting economic research studies.