Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we cannot process your application without it.
Associate Chief (Clinical Pharmacy Services)
Please enter your e-mail address in the space provided. If you do not provide an e-mail address you may not receive a notice of your results.
Are you a citizen of the United States?
Enter the lowest grade (14) you will accept for this position.
The location code(s) for this position is (are):
1. VERIFICATION STATEMENT: Your rating is subject to verification based on the résumé, narratives and other relevant documents you submit, and through verification of references as appropriate. Deliberate attempts to falsify information are grounds for non-selection and for termination. In addition, falsifying information on your application can result in your being barred from federal employment. Please choose A to certify that your answers are accurate and complete.A. I certify that my answers are accurate and complete.
The assessment part of the questionnaire includes questions about grade requirements and knowledge, skills and abilities (KSAs) related to this position. NOTE: If you are faxing your application and filling out the 1203-FX form, you may notice that the numbering restarts here with number one. When entering your responses on the 1203-FX form, please continue to enter your responses on the next available number within this section of the form.
United States Citizenship
Basic QualificationsA- Yes
1. Are you a United States Citizen?
2. Are you graduate of an Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE) accredited College or School of Pharmacy with a baccalaureate degree in pharmacy (BS Pharmacy) and/or a Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm.D.) degree? (Applicants must provide a copy of their transcripts with their application package)
3. Do you possess a full, current and unrestricted license to practice pharmacy in a State, Territory, Commonwealth of the United States (i.e., Puerto Rico), or the District of Columbia? (Applicants must provide a copy of their transcripts with their application package)
English Language Proficiency
4. Are you proficient in both written and spoken English?
Minimum Grade Qualification GS-14
5. Do you possess at least one (1) year of specialized experience equivalent to a Pharmacist at the GS-13 level (at least 4 years of Pharmacy Manager experience) in Federal Service?
The following statements pertain to your skill in persuading others and gaining cooperation to accomplish goals.
For each task in the following groups, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I know little or nothing about this.
6. Responsible for fostering acceptance and exercise of sound pharmacy management concepts, principles, practices, and innovations.
7. Maintains effective personnel management programs within pharmacy including training opportunities, tuition support, and individual development plans.
8. Promotes cultural diversity to establish an environment that works for all employees and strives to achieve and maintain a culturally diverse work force, which is comparable to the civilian workforce.
9. Develops and maintains cooperative working relationships with other services to maintain the highest quality of patient care and harmonious working environment for employees.
The following statements pertain to your ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing regarding complex clinical and technical issues.
10. Candidly advises the Service Chief on problems/issues pertaining to the relationship of Pharmacy Service to other divisions, services, and programs.
11. Counsels and instructs assigned clinical staff on clinical, administrative, and other professional issues.
12. Gathers, coordinates, and reports data for various reports and functions on an as needed or required basis.
13. Develops and maintains Service Policies and Memorandums related to clinical pharmacy services.
The following statements pertain to your skill in utilizing regulatory and quality standards to develop and implement operational programs as utilizing available resources to support the mission and goals of the organization.
14. Responsible for on-going review and evaluation of inpatient and outpatient clinical pharmacy services activities which include performance improvement initiatives and patient centered care.
15. Evaluates effectiveness of programs and resources (budget, human, space, and equipment), coordinates on-going programs and plans and implements new programs.
16. Works with Deans of affiliated colleges of pharmacy to analyze plan, and develop areas that support the educational and training needs of highly qualified health care professionals.
17. Develops, implements, and/or maintains plans to assure investigational drug control and accountability (e.g. FDA).
The following statements pertain to your Skill in managing multiple and diverse people or programs.
18. Cooperates and maintains an effective working relationship with all members of the Pharmacy staff, Medical Center employees, visitors and patients.
19. Demonstrates the ability to work under a variety of circumstances to maximize group productivity and quality.
20. Provides appropriate work environment for employees to foster performance improvement.
21. Responsible for developing, implementing, and assessing progressive and comprehensive clinical pharmacy services.
The following statements pertain to your ability to plan, organize and direct the functions of the pharmacy staff.
22. Develops, implements, and evaluates all peer review programs to document and assure clinical pharmacy services are of the highest caliber.
23. Plans and assigns projects to subordinate pharmacists and reviews work for appropriateness and quality of finished product.
24. Responsible for the professional growth and development of assigned clinical pharmacy staff.
25. Develops yearly objectives for subordinates in conjunction with the assigned clinical staff.