Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Your Social Security Number is requested under the authority of Executive Order 9397 to uniquely identify your records from those of other applicants who may have the same name. As allowed by law or Presidential directive, your Social Security Number is used to seek information about you from employers, schools, banks and others who may know you. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
Are you an ICTAP Eligible?
For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible see http://opm.gov/rif/employee_guides/career_transition.asp#ictap. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated at 85.0 or above on the rating criteria for this position.
Are you eligible for noncompetitive appointment?
This includes applicants who are eligible for special or noncompetitive appointment authorities such as 30% or more compensable disabled veterans, persons with disabilities and PHS Commissioned Corps Officers. This also includes applicants who meet the qualifications for this position and who have previously held, or currently hold, a Federal position at the grade of this position.
Enter the lowest grade level that you will accept for this position. The lowest grade for this position is 13.
If you are a male at least 18 years of age, born after December 31, 1959, have you registered with the Selective Service System?
Select/enter at least one occupational specialty. The specialty code for this position is:
Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
1. From the descriptions below, select the one which best describes your eligibility for ICTAP/VEOA.A. I am eligible to apply for the Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP); veteran who is preference eligible or who has been separated under honorable conditions after 3 years or more of continuous active duty.
2. From the descriptions below, select the one which best describes your experience and/or education that meets the Minimum Qualification Requirements for Technical Information Specialist GS-1412-13.A. I have at least one year of specialized experience, equivalent to at least the GS-12 grade level in the Federal service to include experience with outstanding digital content, development and usability; identifying, coordinating, developing, and analyzing communication objectives to develop innovative web projects. Experience in meeting federal technical requirements, conducting security assessments, assessing legal and privacy implications of web-related technologies.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
3. Write, design, or edit web page content for an organization's internal and external web pages.
4. Develop or implement procedures for on-going web site development.
5. Participate in the design of feedback forms and surveys.
6. Organize and disseminate complex scientific, health and regulatory information on a website.
7. Identify and correct problems uncovered by testing customer feedback.
8. Ensure sharing and updating of databases.
9. Develop web policies and procedures.
10. Track and manage web pages and web projects.
11. Convert documents from various formats to HTML, DHTML, XML, PDF, and multimedia software.
12. Utilize spreadsheets and project management software.
13. Utilize programming languages and/or applications.
14. Address hardware issues affecting websites.
15. Read and understand information and ideas presented in writing.
16. Prepare well written documents in plain language to disseminate scientific, health, and regulatory information on a website.
17. Prepare a variety of reports to upper level management regarding the dissemination of technical information.
18. Respond to a full range of inquiries regarding technical information incorporated on internal and external websites.
19. Facilitate discussion during website development meetings.
20. Exchange information among professional and technical staff to develop web content.
21. Speak with stakeholders in industry, academia, health professionals, consumers, other agencies and professional colleagues to develop and maintain information that meets the needs of stakeholders.