Please accurately identify your level of experience and demonstrated capability when completing this questionnaire as your responses, resume and supporting documents will be reviewed for accuracy. You will be asked at the end of this questionnaire to certify your entire application as true and accurate.
The following section is used to determine your eligibility for appointment and referral consideration. Please indicate those eligibilities for which you are eligible and would like to be considered. You will only be considered under eligibilities that you select and provide requested supporting informaiton either below or within your resume. If you do not meet at least one of the eligibilities below, you are not eligible to be considered for this position. For additional information, definitions and supporting documentation requirements see the list of appointing eligibilities listed at http://www.public.navy.mil/donhr/Employment/CivJobOpps/Documents/ApplicantChecklist_Merit.pdf. Please note that documentation (e.g., SF-50s or DD-214s) will be requested if you are selected to verify your eligibility.
1. Current Department of the Navy Civilian Employee - I am currently employed in the Department of the Navy (Navy or Marine Corps) as a permanent career or career-conditional (Tenure 1 or 2 in box 24 of SF-50) employee in the competitive service (SF-50 will show a 1 in box 34), or, I am currently on a permanent Veterans' Recruitment Appointment (VRA) (SF-50 will show a 2 in box 34) in Department of the Navy. Note: Your resume MUST include your position title, pay plan, series, grade level, agency worked for and dates of employment for all applicable federal work experiences.A. Yes
2. Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA) - I am a veteran who served substantially 3 or more years of continuous active duty in the military - OR - I am a preference eligible; AND I was discharged under honorable conditions. For Veteras' Preference eligibility requirements visit http://www.fedshirevets.gov/job/vetpref/index.aspx. Note: Ensure that you have answered all applicable veterans’ questions in both the Eligibility Information and Other Information sections of this questionnaire.A. Yes
3. Reinstatement- I was formerly employed as a permanent federal civilian employee (Tenure 1 or 2 in block 24 of your SF-50) in the competitive service (SF-50 will show a 1 in block 34) who 1) previously attained career status - OR- 2) is a Veterans' preference eligible and served at least one day as a career conditional employee - OR - 3) separated from civil service as a career-conditional employee within the past three years. I am NOT a current permanent federal employee. Note: Your resume MUST include a work experience with position title, pay plan, series, grade level, agency worked for and dates of employment that supports previous federal employment and your reinstatement eligibility.A. Yes
4. Annuitant - I am currently receiving an annuity for service as a federal civil servant. If selected, I would be serving as a re-employed annuitant.A. Yes
5. Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP) - I am a current or former federal employee displaced from a position in a Non-DoD federal agency (e.g., IRS, VA, Dept of Labor, etc.) in the same local commuting area of the vacancy. I have a current (or last) performance rating of record of at least fully successful or the equivalent. Applicants eligible under ICTAP are provided priority selection for vacancies within the local commuting area for which they apply and are well qualified. NOTE: If you indicate "yes" for this statement, you must submit copies of the appropriate documentation, such as a reduction in force (RIF) separation notice, SF-50 reflecting your RIF separation, or a notice of proposed removal for declining a directed reassignment or transfer of function to another commuting area. You must also submit documentation to reflect your current (or last) performance rating of record.A. Yes
6. PPP Military Spouse - I am registered in the DoD Priority Placement Program (PPP) Military Spouse Preference Program (Program S) for the series, grade and location covered by this announcement.A. Yes
1. For GS-09: Please select one response that best describes how you meet the minimum qualifications for a GS-0341-09 ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER. (PLEASE NOTE: If you are qualified based on education, please verify your claim by attaching a copy of your college transcripts or providing on your resume an itemized list of courses that includes transcript-equivalent information (i.e., course title, semester/quarter hours, grades, and degree earned).
2. For GS-11: Please select one response that best describes how you meet the minimum qualifications for a GS-0341-11 ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER. (PLEASE NOTE: If you are qualified based on education, please verify your claim by attaching a copy of your college transcripts or providing on your resume an itemized list of courses that includes transcript-equivalent information (i.e., course title, semester/quarter hours, grades, and degree earned).
3. For GS-12: Please select one response that best describes how you meet the minimum qualifications for a GS-0341-12 ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICERA. I have one year of specialized experience equivalent to the next lower grade (GS-11) in the Federal service administering management services essential to the administrative operation of an organization to improve program operations that are in compliance with established policies or resources limits (such as personnel, financial or material). Qualifying experience may include: evaluating program operations or policies; providing guidance for allocation of personnel, financial or material resources; or administering various administrative programs by interpreting laws or regulations which affect resources.
For each task in the following groups, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your
experience and/or training. Please select only one letter for each item.
4. Develop documents for publication using automated programs such as: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, AdobeAcrobat or Sharepoint.
5. Direct document management (such as correspondence, forms, reports, records, directives) to maintain internal control of all documents.
6. Develop policy pertaining to administrative functions that have wide impact for organization.
7. Initiate action to improve deficiencies in administrative operations.
8. Update local correspondence manual to supplement the agency's correspondence manual (such as Navy Correspondence Manual).
9. Prepare articles for publication to post to website.
10. Advise on all matters relating to release of information responsive to applicable legislative Acts such as Freedom of Information Act/Privacy Act (FOIA/PA) requests.
11. Brief senior officials on issues regarding management of Freedom of Information Act/Privacy Act (FOIA/PA) programs.
12. Implement policies required, by law, for public access to USNA information under Freedom of Information Act/Privacy Act (FOIA/PA).
13. Interpret policy for organization application related to Dept of Defense Freedom of Information Act/Privacy Act (FOIA/PA).
14. Exercise final review of USNA information destined for public release.
15. Review current programs to ensure accurate decisions which will reflect consistency in the clearance of information for public release.
16. Initiate required action based on analyzed directives received from higher authority to post directives to website.
17. Analyze sensitive privacy information for public release by applying expert knowlege of Freedom of Information Act/Privacy Act (FOIA/PA).
18. Evaluate the effectiveness of programs to recommend improvement.
19. Conduct training class to instruct new employees in proper procedures.
20. Express ideas effectively to influence all levels of management.
21. Reconcile conflicting opinions concerning suitability of release of information for public disclosure.
22. Influence others to accept recommended policy changes.
23. Resolve problems to make recommendations for improvement.
24. Assign work of lower graded employees to ensure work accomplished is accurate.
25. Evaluate performance to recommend recognition for superior performance.
26. Counsel employees on performance to propose disciplinary action if needed.
27. Establish requirements to a heavy daily workload involving extremely short suspense time to available administrative support.
28. Plan daily operations of organization to execute heavy workload.
29. Your ratings in this Occupational Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification based on the documents and
references you submit. Deliberate attempts to falsify or inflate your responses may be grounds for not referring you.
Please take this opportunity to review your rating to ensure the accuracy of your answers and that they are supported by
your resume. Failure to agree to the statement below will disqualify you from further consideration for the position.