Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Your Social Security Number is requested under the authority of Executive Order 9397 to uniquely identify your records from those of other applicants who may have the same name. As allowed by law or Presidential directive, your Social Security Number is used to seek information about you from employers, schools, banks and others who may know you. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
Are you eligible for the Federal Employment Program for Persons with Disabilities? (For information on Schedule A appointments, see the OPM website.)
Enter the lowest grade level that you will accept for this position. The lowest grade for this position is 12.
If you are a male at least 18 years of age, born after December 31, 1959, have you registered with the Selective Service System?
Select/enter at least one occupational specialty. The specialty code for this position is:
Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
1. From the description below, select the one which best describes your education and meets the Basic Qualification Requirements for Consumer Safety Officer (Retail Food Specialist), GS-0696-12/13.A. Degree: that included at least 30 semester hours in one or a combination of the following: biological sciences, chemistry, pharmacy, physical sciences, food technology, nutrition, medical science, engineering, epidemiology, veterinary medical science, or related scientific fields that provided knowledge directly related to consumer safety officer work. The 30 semester hours can include up to 8 semester hours in statistics, or course work that included the principles, theory, or practical application of computers or computer programming.
2. From the descriptions below, select the one which best describes your experience which meets the Minimum Qualification Requirements for Consumer Safety Officer (Retail Food Specialist), GS-0696-12/13.A. I have one year of specialized experience, equivalent to the GS-11 grade level in the Federal service, gathering and performing standard analyses of scientific data; ensuring the accuracy and reliability of scientific data included in reports, applications, and/or other scientific documents; preparing reports on scientific/technical study findings.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
3. Interpret Food, Drug, and Cosmetics Act regulations that deal with regulatory issues and provide advice to industries/individuals regarding compliance.
4. Provide comprehensive investigational, inspectional, and technical assistance and consultation to regulated industry concerning retail food safety programs.
5. Review policy and enforcement issues related to enforcement.
6. Conduct joint inspections with State officials to evaluate State inspection and enforcement practices and to determine sanitary condition in the industry.
7. Perform review evaluation of inspection reports using federal food laws and policies to ensure consistency with guidelines.
8. Serve as a technical authority providing advice to higher level officials, State, County and Local government, private laboratory and industry on retail food safety and related areas.
9. Review and analyze proposed and enacted state legislation affecting retail food safety.
10. Advise staff on the impact of legislation affecting retail food safety, and proposes alternatives to address the results of legislative changes.
11. Review personnel standardization packages for accurate application of violations of a jurisdiction food safety regulations determining the most appropriate public health action.
12. Discuss deficiencies found and formulate recommendations needed to improve the retail food safety programs based on background information and an understanding of policies, regulations, and procedures.
13. Provide comprehensive investigational, inspectional and technical assistance and consultation making recommendations to higher management officials whether or not an establishment is in violation of Voluntary Retail Food Program regulations and requirements.
14. Plan and coordinate the retail food safety program within area of responsibility.
15. Determine the effectiveness of the Retail Food Safety Program and coordinating work assignments to meet goals.
16. Evaluate effects of technological developments on national and regional program in the area of retail food safety and recommend appropriate policy and procedural changes.
17. Develop and interpret established operating policies and procedures in order to formulate and recommend plans, leadership, guidance and program strategies.
18. Determine follow-up technical assistance and training needed to help jurisdictional officials resolve problems and program deficiencies.
19. Evaluate effects of technological developments on national and regional program in the area of retail food safety and recommend appropriate policy and procedural changes as necessary.
20. Perform equipment construction and installation plan reviews and new equipment evaluations based on knowledge of health and disease control.
21. Advise management, State and Local government and private industry on new advances in technology regulated to the retail food safety program.
22. Responsible for effectively interacting with individuals within/outside the organization with diplomacy and tact providing consultation and making presentations.
23. Serve as an instructor training regulated industries in retail food safety program areas.
24. Provide extensive advisory, liaison and consultative services for retail food safety programs to regulated industries, State agencies and other Federal agencies and management.
25. Review, evaluate and endorse State reports certifying compliance with program guidelines.
26. Evaluate and make recommendations on necessary regulatory actions preparing reply stating organizational concerns.
27. Develop and implement formal training programs for personnel, industry and state/local officials providing technical expertise as needed.
Top of Form
Bottom of Form