Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
1. I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001); my eligibilities may be cancelled, I may be denied an appointment, or I may be removed and debarred from Federal service (5 C.F.R. part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated. I understand that responding "No" to this item will result in my not being considered for this position. As previously explained, your responses in this Assessment Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your responses. Deliberate attempts to falsify information will be grounds for disqualifying you or for dismissing you from employment following acceptance. Please take this opportunity to review your responses to ensure their accuracy. If you fail to answer this question, you will be disqualified from consideration for this position.
2. Are you the spouse of an active duty military member and eligible for Military Spouse Preference? (You must submit a copy of your military sponsor's Permanent Change in Station (PCS) orders with your application.)
To be eligible you must have been married to your military sponsor prior to reporting to the new duty assignment; AND, must have accompanied your military sponsor on a PCS move; AND, the position for which you are applying must be within the commuting area of your military sponsor's new permanent duty station.
3. This position is a Term Appointment. Are you willing to accept this term appointment not to exceed two years? The agency has an option of extending a term appointment up to the 4-year limit. Permanent competitive career or career-conditional employment cannot be gained through this appointment.
4. Carefully read the following descriptions of education, internship training and license. Select the one that best describes your qualifications for the Supervisory Clinical Psychologist. Make sure your resume supports your response that you select.
5. Do you possess completion of a one year psychology clinical internship training program that is APA accredited? If answering "yes", make sure your resume reflects the location, duration (beginning and ending dates including month and year), and specialty of the completed internship. If your resume does not reflect you possess this APA internship experience, your resume will not be considered.
Please enter the beginning and ending dates, including month and year of your APA psychology clinical internship training program.
6. Do you possess an active, current, unrestricted license as a Psychologist by the recognized licensing agency of a State, the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, Guam or the US Virgin Islands? If answering "yes", make sure your resume lists the type of licensure you possess and from where it was obtained and most recent date it was awarded or submit a copy. If your resume does not reflect you possess, your resume will not be considered.
Please enter the type of license you possess and from where it was obtained, most recent date awarded and expiration date.
7. Do you have one or more years of progressively responsible related experience as a Professional Clinical Psychologist experience that clearly demonstrates you possess the knowledge, skills or abilities and/or competencies necessary for successful job performance? Creditable specialized experience includes serving as professional Clinical Psychologist performing duties such as evaluating, diagnosing, assessing and treating a variety of patients with mental health issues/disorders in a group or individual setting; applying psychological theories and principles to explain, or justify psychological diagnoses, conclusions, findings or treatment recommendations.
For the following task statements, choose the response (A-E) from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Select only one letter per statement. Ensure that your application supports all of your responses.
8. Assess and diagnose patients with mental disorders described in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM-IV) through interviews, case histories, and other professional records to determine appropriate treatment.
9. Evaluate patients with mental disorders to determine appropriate levels of care or treatment required for the diagnosis.
10. Assess patient responses to treatment and determine subsequent treatment efforts.
11. Recommend therapeutic techniques or combination of techniques in order to meet the specific needs of the patient.
12. Serve as an authoritative source of information regarding the use and interpretation of psychological and intellectual tests in order to convey information.
13. Serve as a member of various multidisciplinary treatment teams in order to make recommendations to staff and resident physicians of other departments.
14. Apply professional knowledge of psychological principles, theories, methods, and techniques in the delivery of clinical psychological patient services.
15. Stay abreast of new concepts and techniques and use as appropriate in order to provide the best care for the patient.
16. Provide crisis intervention to address hostile patients by use of clinical skills to defuse the situation.
17. Provide administration, scoring, and interpretation of psychological and intellectual test instruments in order to evaluate patient with mental disorder.
18. Use diverse and complex therapeutic techniques or combination of techniques in order to meet the needs of the patients.
19. Address the clinical needs of mental health patients while meshing the needs of the patients with the operational, organizational and administrative policies.
20. Provide supervision to interns in order to provide guidance.
21. Provide training in diagnosis and treatment to interns in order to teach others.
22. Plan and teach psychology interns in the proper techniques for administration, scoring, interpretation and reporting on psychological and intellectual tests in order to educate others.
23. Plan and teach psychology interns on psychological assessment and psychotherapy in order to instruct others.