1. Please indicate your eligibility to apply under Merit Promotion Procedures.A. I am a current or former civilian Federal employee in the competitive service who has: career or career-conditional status or reinstatement eligibility or are eligible under an interchange agreement. You must submit a copy of your latest SF-50, Notification of Personnel Action, showing your eligibility and time-in-grade (52 weeks at the next lower grade).
2. Please indicate your eligibility to apply non-competitively.A. I am a current or former civilian Federal employee who has held a permanent position in the competitive service with the same or higher promotion potential as this position or am eligible under an interchange agreement. You must submit a copy of your latest SF-50, Notification of Personnel Action.
THE RESUME YOU SUBMIT FOR THIS ANNOUNCEMENT MUST SUPPORT THE ANSWER YOU CLAIM UNDER THIS AND OTHER QUESTIONS. IF NOT, YOU WILL BE FOUND NOT QUALIFIED OR YOUR SCORE WILL BE LOWERED.
3. Please indicate the level of experience that qualifies you for a GS-301-13 Fire Program Specialist.A. I have at least one (1) year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-12 in federal service in a full time Fire Officer level position promoting the National Incident Management System and the National Response Framework within a local, county, tribal, or state emergency services jurisdiction.
4. I have experience planning, developing, and implementing operational protocols for preparedness and response activities for major fire, rescue, hazardous material, and other emergency incidents within a municipal fire department.A. My experience meets this requirement and is supported in my resume.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Please select only one letter for each item. Be sure to describe the experience that supports your responses to the task statements below in your resume. It is important that your application package submitted, including a resume or application form, clearly shows how you possess the experience and skills levels you claim in this questionnaire. Each of your responses must be clearly supported by your education, training, and/or specific work experience you describe in your resume submitted for this position. If not, your score will be lowered or you will be found not qualified. The information you provide will be verified. Any exaggeration of your experience, false statements, or attempts to conceal information may be grounds for rating you ineligible, not hiring you, or firing you after you begin work.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
5. Working as a fire department officer managing programs or policy related initiatives for the municipal fire service.
6. Focusing on the interrelationship of terrorist related practices and their potential threat to the fire and emergency services.
7. Managing programs involving research and information collection and dissemination regarding natural, man-made, and all-hazard related issues dealing with the emergency services sector.
8. Working with staff that review and analyze information for critical oral and written communication for the emergency service sector.
9. Presenting classified and/or sensitive but unclassified briefings to senior level staff.
10. Working as a fire department officer on the integration of the Emergency Services Sector Specific Plan elements from the National Infrastructure Protection Plan for implementation at the municipal, local, tribal or state jurisdiction level.
11. Working as a fire department officer with protocols for evaluating and prioritizing resource allocation for response to all-hazard incidents in the municipal fire service.