1. Do you type at least 40 words per minute based on a five minute sample with three or fewer errors?A. Yes
2. I am a current Center for Food Safety and Applied Nutrition employee or CTAP eligible (you must submit all documentation required by the job announcement).A. Yes - SF-50 required for documentation
3. From the descriptions below, select the one which best describes your experience to perform the duties of a Secretary, GS-0318-8.A. I have one year of specialized experience, equivalent to the GS-7 level in Federal service, maintaining supervisor’s calendars with authority to set appointments; prepare information/materials for supervisor as requested; prepare a variety of reports by collecting data and background material from staff; use a variety of automated software and programs to include payroll software.
TECHNICAL COMPETENCE - ADMINISTRATIVE SUPPORT
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Please select only one letter for each item.
4. Maintain secured personnel files to protect confidential employee data.
5. Edit documents and/or correspondences using proper English, grammar, spelling, capitalization, and punctuation.
6. Process incoming material, which may include e-mail, by screening materials and determining which should be routed to supervisor and appropriate staff.
7. Identify needs and collect background information from staff or files to prepare correspondence/reports.
8. Coordinate the purchase of equipment and services to meet the organization's needs.
9. Integrate a variety of office automation software to generate specific working documents and forms.
10. Use automated system to initiate, track and maintain time keeping records.
11. Use basic and advanced functions of a variety of office automation software, e.g. database, spreadsheets and word processing.
12. Select the most appropriate software type or integrate different software types for a specific office need and resolve problems with current automated office support.
13. Draft brief letters and memos after receiving general instructions.
14. Revise or edit phrases and sentences to improve or correct electronic documents.
15. Prepare a wide variety of recurring internal reports and documents from information obtained from available files such as time and attendance, overtime, travel, and/or budgetary reports.
16. Take notes at meetings and transcribe for staff members.
17. Type material from voice recordings.
18. Receive visitors and telephone call or business of visitors, answer personally or direct to appropriate staff person.
19. Provide guidance to other clerical personnel on administrative and/or procedural matters.
20. Briefs the supervisor on the subject matter prior to the meeting, and makes administrative arranges as required.
21. Provide information to staff on arrange meetings, schedules and conference, etc.