Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we cannot process your application without it.
Chief of Pharmacy Service
Please enter your e-mail address in the space provided. If you do not provide an e-mail address you may not receive a notice of your results.
Are you a citizen of the United States?
Enter the lowest grade (00) you will accept for this position.
The location code(s) for this position is (are):
Please choose the answers below that best describe your employment and experience. Note: "Target grade" is the highest grade included in this announcement.
1. If you are a permanent employee of the facility in which this vacancy is offered, choose one of the statements below. Otherwise, choose D.
Please respond to all of the questions below which relate to your eligibility, minimum qualifications, and KSAs (knowledge, skills and abilities) for the Chief, Pharmacy Service position.
2. Are you a graduate of a degree program in pharmacy from an approved college or university? (The degree program must have been approved by the American Council on Pharmaceutical Education (ACPE), or prior to the establishment of ACPE, have been a member of the American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy (AACP). Graduates of foreign pharmacy degree programs meet the educational requirement if their degree is found to be equivalent to degree programs recognized by the ACPE. This finding may be based on any of the following (a) a letter of acceptance into a U.S. graduate pharmacy program recognized by the ACPE; (b) written certification from the Foreign Pharmacy Graduate Examination Commission; or (c) a letter from a U.S. college or university with a pharmacy degree program recognized by ACPE stating that the individual's foreign pharmacy degree has been evaluated and found to be equivalent to its Bachelor of Pharmacy Degree or higher.
3. Do you possess a full, current, and unrestricted license to practice pharmacy in a State, Territory, Commonwealth of the United States (i.e., Puerto Rico), or the District of Columbia? (Please fax a copy of license)
4. Are you proficient in spoken and written English? (To be appointed under authority of 38 U.S.C., 7402 (d) and 7407 (d), to serve in a direct patient-care capacity in VHA, applicants must be proficient in written and spoken English.)
5. Do you possess one year of creditable experience at the next lower grade level (GS-13) which is directly related to the position to be filled or an advanced degree in a health care related field (e.g. MSHA, MBA, MPH, etc.)?
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the Qualifications and Availability Form C. Please select only one letter for each item.
6. Utilize negotiation skills to influence clinical and management decisions.
7. Communicate effectively orally regarding complex clinical and technical issues.
8. Communicate effectively in writing regarding complex clinical and technical issues.
9. Utilize regulatory and quality standards to develop and implement operational programs i.e. Quality Improvement, Utilization Management, Informatics, or Drug Information.
10. Manage multiple and diverse people and/or programs.
11. Supervise and administer all personnel management programs, such as Performance Management System and taking disciplinary actions.
12. Develop resource management proposals to identify resource savings, propose resource allocation, and manage pharmacy service to support the missions and goals of the organization.
13. Plan, organize, and direct the functions and staff of an organization.
14. Develop, nurture, and sustain relationships with major stakeholders in hospital administration and other hospital staff.
15. Apply pharmaco-economic principles to the forecasting and budgeting process.
16. Monitor and assess the outcome of drug therapies including physical assessment and interpretation of laboratory and other diagnostic parameters.
17. I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001); my eligibilities may be cancelled; I may be denied an appointment; or I may be removed and debarred from Federal service (5 C.F.R. part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated and that responding "No" or providing no response to this item will result in my not being considered for this position.
APPLICATION REMINDER: Your Resume must include the following information for each job listed:
Duties (be as detailed as possible)
Month & year start/end dates (e.g. June 2007 to April 2008)
Full-time or part-time status (include hours worked per week)
Schools Attended, date graduated/confirmed
VETERAN'S PREFERENCE DOCUMENTATION REMINDER: You must submit proper documentation if you are claiming eligibility for veteran's preference, which includes a copy of your DD-214 (member copy 4 or earlier version that shows character of service). Applicant's claiming 10-Point preference must also submit an SF-15, Application for 10-Point Veteran's Preference along with the required documentation listed on the form (such as verification of service-connected disability percentage). For more information on the Veteran's Preference, go to www.opm.gov/veterans.
TRANSCRIPT REMINDER: If you are basing your qualifications on education (or a combination of education and experience) you must submit a copy of your transcripts (official or unofficial) or an appropriate course listing with your application.
CURRENT OR PAST FEDERAL EMPLOYEE - REMINDER: Applicants with current or prior Federal work history must submit the most recent SF-50, Notification of Personnel Action and performance appraisal. (Not required for Sheridan VA employees).