The assessment part of the questionnaire includes questions about basic requirements and job elements related to this position. NOTE: If you are faxing your application and filling out the 1203-FX form, you may notice that the numbering restarts here with number one. When entering your responses on the 1203-FX form, please continue to enter your responses on the next available number within this section of the form.
Select the appropriate answer to the following questions based on your level of education and experience that demonstrates you meet the basic requirements for this position. Please answer "YES" or "NO" to the following questions.A- Yes
1. Do you have United States citizenship?
2. Are you proficient in spoken and written English?
3. Do you have a doctoral degree in psychology from a graduate program in psychology by the American Psychological Association (APA)? The specialty area of the degree must be consistent with the assignment for which the applicant is employee. AND, have successfully completed a professional psychology internship training program that has been accredited by APA. Exceptions: (1) new VHA psychology internship programs that are in the process of applying for APA accreditation are acceptable in fulfillment of the internship requirement, provided that such programs were sanctioned by the HVA Central Office Program Director for Psychology and the VHA Central Office of Academic Affiliations at the time the individual was an intern and (2) VHA facilities who offered full one-year pre-doctoral internships prior to PL 96-151 (pre-1979) are considered to be acceptable in fulfillment of the internship requirement. COPIES OF UNOFFICIAL TRANSCRIPTS REQUIRED
4. Do you hold a full, current, and unrestricted license to practice psychology at the doctoral level in a State, Territory, Commonwealth of the United States (e.g., Puerto Rico), or the District of Columbia?
The following are the experience requirements for a GS-13 Psychologist. Please answer "YES" or "NO" to the following questions.
5. This is the full performance level for staff psychologists. At this level psychologists are licensed at the doctoral level to practice independently in the provision of psychological services consulting with peers and supervisors as appropriate. Specialized Experience: Diagnose mental disorders, conduct psychological and/or neuropsychological assessments, and treat mental disorders. Among the modalities provided are individual, family and group psychotherapies, and other interventions such as biofeedback, psychological hypnosis, and environmental interventions. Do you have 2 years of post-doctoral experience as a psychologist with at least 1 year of experience equivalent to the next lower grade level (GS-12)?
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
INSTRUCTION: For each knowledge, skill or ability listed below please choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Your application, resume and supporting documents will be used to verify your response.
6. Advanced knowledge of psychological diagnosis, intervention, and behavioral health that qualified the psychologist to provide mental health care to patients with co-occuring complex, chronic medical conditions, including patients who are elderly.
7. Knowledge of and skill in working in primary care settings requiring collaboration and consultation with medical providers.
8. Experience in providing consultation about mental health diagnosis and appropriate treatment plans to professionals representing a variety of disciplines, including nurses, physicians, and social workers, concerning elderly and medically comprised patients.
9. Knowledge, skill, and training in health psychology as evidenced by experience functioning as a psychologist or psychology trainee in medical setting.
10. Skill in assessing a wide range of psychopathology and communicating results of comprehensive psychosocial disability evaluations using DSM-IV for assigning multi-axial diagnoses.
11. Skills, abilities, and experience conducting cognitive screening and capacity assessments, particularly for elderly patients and/or patients with co-occuring medical disorders.
12. Skills and abilities in providing education to patients, family members of patients, and professional staff.
13. Demonstrated ability to function successfully as a member of an inter-professional team of medical and mental health providers.
RESUME REMINDER - Your resume must include the following information for each job listed:
• Job title
• Duties (be as detailed as possible)
• Month & year start/end dates (e.g., June 2007 to April 2011)
• Full-time or part-time status (include average hours worked per week)
TRANSCRIPTS REMINDER - You must submit a copy of your transcripts (official or unofficial) or an appropriate course listing with your application.
14. I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C 1001); my eligibilities may be cancelled, I may be denied an appointment, or I may be removed and debarred from Federal service (5 C.F.R. part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated. I understand that responding "No" to this item will result in my not being considered for this position.A. Yes, I certify that the information provided in this questionnaire is true, correct and provided in good faith, and I understand the information provided above.