Fire Program Specialist, GS-301-13
Vacancy ID: 816406 Announcement Number: MG-2013-01736-KJD-816406MP USAJOBS Control Number: 334643400Occupational/Assessment Questions:
1. Please indicate your eligibility to apply under Merit Promotion Procedures.A. I am a current or former civilian Federal employee in the competitive service who has: career or career-conditional status, reinstatement eligibility, or eligibility under an interchange agreement. You are encouraged to submit a copy of your latest SF-50 Notification of Personnel Action showing time-in-grade (52 weeks at the next lower grade).
B. I am a veteran separated after 3 or more years of continuous active service performed under honorable conditions. You are encouraged to provide official documentation documenting your military service such as a DD-214 or statement of service. NOTE: If you are a current career or career-conditional employee without time-in-grade you will not be considered under this authority.
C. I am a current or former displaced Federal employee in the local commuting area. To be considered you must be rated at or above the well qualified rating criteria for this position. You must submit supporting documentation such as a copy of your separation personnel action (SF-50) and a copy of your reduction in force letter.
D. None of the above. I am not eligible under Merit Promotion Procedures.
2. Please indicate your eligibility to apply noncompetitively.A. I am a current or former civilian Federal employee who has held a permanent position in the competitive service with the same or higher promotion potential as this position or am eligible under an interchange agreement. You are encouraged to submit a copy of your latest SF-50 Notification of Personnel Action.
B. I am eligible to be hired under a Special Hiring Authority authorized for persons with disabilities such as Schedule A. You must provide a copy of your certification from state Office of Vocational Rehabilitation.
C. I am eligible to be hired under a Special Hiring Authority authorized for disabled veterans who have a compensable service-connected disability of 30% or more. You must provide a copy of your DD-214 and VA letter showing your overall disability determination.
D. I am eligible to be hired under a Special Hiring Authority authorized for returning Peace Corps volunteers. You are encouraged to provide your Peace Corps documentation.
E. I am eligible to be hired under a Special Hiring Authority authorized for military spouses. My active duty military spouse: (1) received a Permanent Change of Station (PCS) move; (2) has a 100% disability rating; or (3) died while on active duty. You must provide a copy of the appropriate PCS orders, documentation of your spouse's disability, or documentation of your spouse's death and your marital status at time of death, as appropriate.
F. None of the above. I am not eligible to be appointed non-competitively.
THE RESUME YOU SUBMIT FOR THIS ANNOUNCEMENT MUST SUPPORT THE ANSWER YOU CLAIM UNDER THIS AND OTHER QUESTIONS. IF NOT, YOU WILL BE FOUND NOT QUALIFIED OR YOUR SCORE WILL BE LOWERED.
3. From the descriptions below, select the letter that describes the education or experience you have that demonstrates your ability to perform as a GS-0301-13 Fire Program Specialist.A. My resume supports at least one year of specialized experience collecting, maintaining, analyzing, and disseminating fire incident data that is equivalent in difficulty and complexity to the GS-12 grade level or pay band in the Federal service.
B. I do not have the experience as described above.
Identify the position(s) in your resume in which you performed the above activity/activities; and/or gained the relevant experience. "Refer to Resume" will not be accepted. Maximum length of 250 characters.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the Qualifications and Availability Form C. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
B- I have had education or training in performing the task, but have not yet performed it on the job.
C- I have performed this task on the job. My work on this task was monitored closely by a supervisor or senior employee to ensure compliance with proper procedures.
D- I have performed this task as a regular part of a job. I have performed it independently and normally without review by a supervisor or senior employee.
E- I am considered an expert in performing this task. I have supervised performance of this task or am normally the person who is consulted by other workers to assist them in doing this task because of my expertise.
4. Working as a National Fire Incident Reporting System (NFIRS) program manager or member of the National Fire Information Council (NFIC) Systems Committee.
5. Instructing NFIRS courses or providing analytical and interpretive assistance to NFIRS users (e.g. providing data for press or researchers).
6. Producing research papers or reports for professional audiences
7. Making presentations at professional conferences.