1. Please select one response that best describes how you meet the minimum qualifications for a Human Resources Specialist at the GS-11 grade level. (PLEASE NOTE: If you are qualified based on education, you must attach a copy of your college transcripts or an itemized list of courses that includes transcript-equivalent information (i.e., course title, semester/quarter hours, grades, and degree earned).
For each task in the following group, select the ONE statement that most accurately describes your current level of experience and capability using the scale below.
2. Provide advice and guidance to managers and employees at all levels on human resources issues that affect an organization.
3. Advise on executive recruitment such as presidential appointments, political appointments, intergovernmental personnel act (IPA) appointments, highly qualified expert (HQE) appointments, and/or consultant employment.
4. Write and/or track correspondence and approval of all actions necessary to affect executive/corporate level appointments.
5. Make recommendations on proposed regulatory changes in order to execute implementation strategies.
6. Determine the most effective technical approach to resolving problems which require the application of HR regulations and procedures.
7. Advise on the procedural and regulatory requirements governing position management issues, restructuring and succession strategies, or workforce recruitment and sustainment.
8. Provide administrative oversight and management of advisory committees.
9. Encourage sound management practices in the utilization of management advisory committees.
10. Ensure elimination of overlap and duplication among management advisory committees.
11. Review advisory committee member nominations that will be submitted for membership approval.
12. Provide management with flexible alternatives for HR problem resolution.
13. Provide comprehensive HR services to management and employees throughout a complex multi-mission local facility, or equivalent organization.
14. Employ a variety of techniques to interact appropriately in highly charged emotional situations.
15. Develop new or modified HR work methods, approaches, or procedures for delivering effective HR services to clients.
16. Identify ways to improve or enhance current HR services to ensure that services meet management's business objectives.
17. Your ratings in this Occupational Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification based on the documents and references you submit. Deliberate attempts to falsify or inflate your responses may be grounds for not referring you.
Please take this opportunity to review your rating to ensure the accuracy of your answers and that they are supported by your resume. Failure to agree to the statement below will disqualify you from further consideration for the position.