Read the statements below to determine what options (001 and 002) you are eligible to apply. You must enter at least one code.
001 - Merit Promotion: I am eligible to be considered under merit promotion procedures because I am a current or former Federal employee working in a permanent competitive service position; or I am a veteran with preference; or I am a veteran who has been honorably discharged and substantially completed at least 3 years of continuous active duty service. (You must submit documentation to support your eligibility.)
002 - Noncompetitive: I am eligible to be considered under this specialty code because I meet the requirements for a noncompetitive appointment. Examples of non-competitive appointing authorities may include but not limited to: 30% or more compensable disabled veterans, Persons with Disabilities (Schedule A), PHS Commissioned Officer, Veterans Recruitment Appointment (VRA) [for positions up to the GS-11 Federal level], Peace Corps employees, current/former Federal employees who currently hold or previously held a Federal competitive position with promotion potential at or above the full performance level listed for this position, and a current Federal employee working in an excepted service position covered by an Interchange Agreement. (You must submit documentation to support your eligibility for noncompetitive appointment).
1. Do you have a typing speed of at least 40 words per minute (based on a 5 minute sample with three or fewer errors)?A. Yes
2. Do have at least one year of specialized experience, equivalent to the GS-7 level in the Federal service, that included performing a variety of clerical and administrative support functions for an organization; reviewing scientific or medical data and forms to identify errors or discrepancies; and utilizing a word processor and other related software to generate forms and type correspondence?A. Yes
For each task in the following groups, choose the statement from the list A through E following each task that best describes your experience and/or training.A- I have not had education, training, or experience in performing this task.
3. Prepare travel forms, authorizations, and vouchers for managerial or staff members within an office.
4. Answer telephone calls and direct to appropriate staff when necessary.
5. Coordinate meetings and appointments for staff members and managerial staff.
6. Develop methods and procedure for office automation tasks.
7. Adapt to agency policies and procedures to ensure that program requirements are in compliance and being met.
8. Research and solve problems within existing methods or procedures.
9. Review medical or scientific data to ensure proper authorization, pertinent pre-clinical data, and/or manufacturing and control information are included.
10. Analyze medical or scientific data from existing documents, reports, and memoranda.
11. Extract information or data from various sources to complete summary reports.
12. Enter and retrieve information from a variety of systems to prepare reports.
13. Use software programs such as word processing to create documents and memos.
14. Use software programs such as spreadsheets in order to maintain and pull data for report.
15. Use databases in order to input, track and maintain a variety of data.
16. Respond to and interact with customers to provide information and answer inquiries.
17. Act as liaison or representative for a variety of work related matters or programs.
18. Provide guidance on administrative matters to other staff members.
19. Provide, clarify or exchange information with staff members to support mission objectives.