Enter your Social Security Number. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however, we can not process your application without it.
Enter Consumer Safety Officer
Enter the lowest grade level (12-12) you will accept.
The geographic location code will be selected for you if there is only one, otherwise, select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
1. Please select the response below that best describes your education and/or experience in relation to the basic requirement for this position. Transcripts demonstrating how you meet the requirements outlined below are required of all applicants. Failure to do so may result in an ineligible rating.A. I possess a Bachelor's or higher degree that included at least 30 semester hours in one or a combination of the following: biological sciences, chemistry, pharmacy, physical sciences, food technology, nutrition, medical science, engineering, epidemiology, veterinary medical science, or related scientific fields that provided knowledge directly related to consumer safety officer work. The 30 semester hours can include up to 8 semester hours in statistics, or course work that included the principles, theory, or practical application of computers or computer programming.
2. Please select the response below that best describes your experience in relation to the minimum qualifications for this position.A. I possess one year of specialized experience, equivalent to the GS-11 level in the Federal service, assisting with the management and assembling of scientific experts and consultants to advise on the regulation of medical devices or scientific products; evaluating financial interests or conflict of interests that may impact the appointment of scientific consultants to review panels of scientific products; making recommendations on the level of participation for scientific consultants on advisory committees; and advising on regulations, policies and laws governing the selection and establishment of scientific committees.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the Qualifications and Availability Form C. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
3. Monitor the review of medical devices or scientific products performed by scientific panel to ensure compliance with Federal regulations
4. Research medical device products, scientific technologies, or manufacturing firms that may compete with scientific products or manufacturing firms under review by scientific advisory committee
5. Interpret scientific policies and regulations to provide advice on the review of medical devices or scientific products
6. Review financial disclosure reports and personal information of scientific consultants to identify conflict of interests with scientific products, medical devices or manufacturing firms under scientific review
7. Evaluate scientific advisory committee review files and meeting records to determine any violation of laws for the review of medical devices or scientific products
8. Investigate the financial interests of prospective scientific consultants with firms that manufacture or distribute medical devices or scientific products under scientific review
9. Develop new methods, criteria or policies governing the use of scientific consultants for the review medical devices or scientific products
10. Determine exceptions to allow scientific consultants to participate in scientific panel review when conflicts are identified with scientific products under review
11. Recommend the extent of participation for scientific consultants in the review process of medical devices or scientific products
12. Prepare written findings on financial interests and conflict of interests of scientific consultants awaiting appointment to review panels
13. Write recommendations on the appointment, recruitment or level of participation for scientific consultants to review panels based upon background findings
14. Prepare documentation of meeting agenda review topics for scientific advisory committee
15. Provide guidance to promote understanding and compliance with conflict of interest statutes, regulations and policies for scientific review staff
16. Advise committee members on the selection, recruitment, or participation of prospective scientific consultants based upon findings of conflict of interests with scientific products under review
17. Communicate with external contacts to gather information on potential issues between prospective scientific consultants and scientific products or firms under review